Monday Lunch Report

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Bonus Nachos Amigos!
I'm Chris Sistrunk and I'm an Electrical Engineer from Clinton, Mississippi near Jackson. I've been here since 2007...and I must say....I'm still here. I haven't been visiting GbL like I should....it seems as if Weekly Overload Recreation Killer is keeping me more tied up than the last few years.

Well, this is my 4th go-round as the Ye Olde Lunche Reportere...so make sure your seatbacks and tray tables are up and in their locked positions. Keep your arms, legs, and head inside the ride until it comes to a full and complete stop.

LUNCH!
I can't believe I forgot the lunch part of the report! My head is not on right today...but thanks to the edit button...you can know what I ate for lunch! I went down to the cafeteria at work and got a cheeseburger/nacho cheese dorito/drink combo for $4.35.

G&L Topic-o-the-Day
I can't believe it's been over a year since I've purchased a G&L. The last guitar I bought was in October of 2009...a G&L JB!

When was the last time you bought a new/used G&L...and what it was? I mean what is it? (I speak 2 languages...English...and bad English).

Non-G&L TOTD
So...any cool NAMM gear to come out that we HAVE to have? Did anybody go last week?

And Now For Something Completely Different!
FONKandYOOTOOB

One of my favorite bands as of late covering Superstition
[youtube]2JsjZYEJIO8[/youtube]

Dumpstaphunk...the Neville boys have it in their blood (check out their latest album Everybody Want Sum).
[youtube]Zu_7d2fnPWk[/youtube]

If you have never heard Lydia...she is one Fonky bass player (and singer too). Check out "Lydia on Bass" on a Youtube Search
[youtube]cK6ldC07n5o[/youtube]

Well that's it for Day 1. I hope you enjoyed today's flight. Please be sure and visit the gift shop on the way out.

Chris <><
Last edited by Kodor on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Monday Lunch Report

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Play that funky music white boy!!

Bought this just before Christmas, No more guitars for a while, I need another amp

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:00 pm

My last and first G&L was in Oct. 2010. It arrived early and rocks. Currently I have a build in for something decided not a ASAT though, a 7 string from Strictly 7 guitars.

I didn't get to go to Namm but know a guy who did. Nothing too great imo, some new amp and guitar lines. What grabbed me was "The Gamechanger" the new EBMM item, unfortunately it doesn't look like they will market it aftermarket, and I don't know if I would spend 2k on a guitar just to get it. I mean I wire them up fancy as is, and alot of the differences are pretty subtle. I would want it in the guitar I know inside out and love, not some new axe for it.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:24 pm

Hey Chris,

Good to hear from you once more! Here some answers.

Kodor wrote:When was the last time you bought a new/used G&L...and what it was? I mean what is it? (I speak 2 languages...English...and bad English).

Got this one for X-mas, a nice CCD built ASAT Classic with spalted maple top:

Kodor wrote:So...any cool NAMM gear to come out that we HAVE to have? Did anybody go last week?

Didn't go, didn't see anything cool/hot/need to have.

Some cool vids. There is, and has always been, some cool music from the Big Easy.

- Jos

Edit: fix image link after album was lost.
Last edited by yowhatsshakin on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:42 pm

I think I started participating in the lunch report on a somewhat regular basis last time you were up to bat!

I only made one guitar purchase last year, in October. This is my new ASAT deluxe, affectionately named "Lucky". As in LUCKY I'm still married. Sorry about the poor picture, it is especially for those of you checking in at work and need to stretch your neck. I am always putting off taking new pictures until next weekend.....

No idea what is going on in the 'current' world...I am going to do another ASAT project this year. But I am kinda leaning toward and older special. Well, that is how I feel right this sec, but I am torn between an older special or doing my first special order ever, a new bluesboy. And most of my music money is going toward my 'misenplace'.

Nice vids!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Nice axes y'all! I forgot to post a pic of my bass:

westsideduck wrote:Play that funky music white boy!!

Okay...you asked fer it. It ain't pretty...but we're a whole buncha white boys playing funky music. I had an electrical issue the 1st part of the song...my wah didn't like me at 1st.
[youtube]g6k9wV8-lVo[/youtube]

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Who said white guys can't funk?

- Jos

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Chris,

Last G&L was my Sparkle Purple SB-1,. Purchased coupla years ago.

NAMM

iPad Accessories

Jamie

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Yo, Chrs - good to see ya back @ LR

Last G&L I got was this thang

I've always heard what great tone these G200's have - and they really do have fantastic tone - but I gotta say that the one I got just before that one is more my fave. Yep, I likes my 20th Anniversary ASAT better than any G&L I've ever owned. It is just simply a monster and feels right in every way to me. Tim Page had been telling me that for almost 10 years before it finally sunk in. When I was ready to buy, I couldn't find one. When someone had one, I couldn't buy it right then. Last Fall it all came together & I got this thang & ain't never gonna let it go.

One of these days; one of these days.... I'm coming to Jackson & we're gonna take that trip to all those historic blues places out there. Too many books, plays, memoirs, poems, songs projects going right now. But that is going to be my next road trip. Then we're gonna meet up. Hope that son of yours isn't grown up before I get there.

Nice start.

Jay