LR - Weds - 1-5-11

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:32 am

Hey y’all. It’s Hump Day. The work week is gettin’ shorter.
Thanks for the responses and pics. Got those GAS pains.
Lunch will pro’lly be a can o’ tuna with rice and veggies.

Picked up the Spring Semester’s textbooks yesterday.
I went back to college to get a background in Web Tech.
Taking an E-Commerce class this semester.
Not one but TWO books for this class. YIKES!
Goal for school work is a CIW Certification.
The College is a testing center, so a good break on the test fee.

Best thing about a Student is the Academic Software pricing.
Bought a new copy of Adobe CS5 Web for $400.
Business price is $1800.
If you have children in school, or a student yourself, take advantage of the AS pricing.
Vendors require a Student ID, and sometimes a current class schedule.

Did a Co-Op Internship through the college last semester.
Helped a non-profit with web support.
Challenging and fun at the same time.

Mentioned Y volleyball yesterday, and tonight’s game night.
We squeeze in 3 games in 90 minutes.
I’m soaked like a dish rag when we finish.

Music...

Which finishes in the G&L palette are your favorites?
Is there a discontinued finish that you would like to bring back?
Is there a finish you would like to see added to the line up?

What are your favorite G&L pickups?
What is your favorite body style?

What genre[s] music do you play? Like to listen in the car or home?

Finishes-
Had an ASAT Bass in Clear Orange. CO is a big fave for the current available finishes.
I think G&L saves the best figured ash for this finish.
I’d sell a kidney on Ebay for an ASAT Z3 guitar in Clear Orange.

Really like the discontinued Sparkle Purple.
Have a SB-1 in this color. See my avatar.
There is a L1500 in SP that is FS on a bass board. I’m drooling over that un.
Don’t know if the new Royal Purple is a semi-metallic finish?

Finish Adds - I could get a buzz over the addition of Tahiti Coral or Shell Pink colors.

PUs - Like the split P MFD on the SB-1. The single coils MFDs on my Lynx run a close second.

Body Style - I’m a ASAT body fan for guitar. Traditional Leo styling for bass.

Music Genres -
Tossup ‘tween playing old R&B, C&W and Rock.
Do like to listen to the Big 3 in Brit Rock: Beatles, Stones, and The Who.
If I played out with a band, it would have to be the old R&B for the “Shag” dancers in the Carolinas.

Jamie

Re: LR - Weds - 1-5-11

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:27 am

Which finishes in the G&L palette are your favorites? Will Ray turqouise and classic blonde are a couple of my faves.
Is there a discontinued finish that you would like to bring back? Can't really think of one.
Is there a finish you would like to see added to the line up? Like your idea on Tahiti Coral or Shell Pink colors.

What are your favorite G&L pickups? Love the big MFD's and Z coils
What is your favorite body style? ASAT all the way! :clap:

What genre[s] music do you play? Like to listen in the car or home? I am very ADD with music. Listen to everything from classic brit i.e Beatles/Who, the Dead, Bruce, Progressive and C&W in the car, at home and at work.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:21 am

Which finishes in the G&L palette are your favorites? I'm with you on the Clear Orange :luv: also a big fan of Butterscotch Blonde and Clear Red with natural wood binding and black pickguard/pup covers.

Is there a discontinued finish that you would like to bring back? Can't think of any

Is there a finish you would like to see added to the line up? I liked the Walnut finish available on the Tribute line

What are your favorite G&L pickups? Big MFD's, I haven't tried Z-coils yet though

What is your favorite body style? ASAT

What genre[s] music do you play? Usually rock, that's really the only thing my drummer wants to play. Currently looking for some more versatile guys to play with.

Like to listen in the car or home? I've always been into Rock/Classic Rock (Led Zeppelin, The Who, Stones etc.), I was into Metal (Pantera, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeath) for a time, but it's rare that I listen to that anymore, lately I've been more into Blues, Bluegrass, Country, Southern Rock

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 am

Which finishes in the G&L palette are your favorites? Agree that every clear orange finish I've seen is sweet. But my fav is probably the honey-burst.
Is there a discontinued finish that you would like to bring back? I always liked the looks of those old bowling ball swirl finishes.
Is there a finish you would like to see added to the line up? Nothing I can think of.

What are your favorite G&L pickups? Big ol MFDs
What is your favorite body style? Legacy/S-shaped

What genre[s] music do you play? Like to listen in the car or home? Play classic rock style. Listen to classic rock, alt-rock, prog, and a bit of symphonic/orchestral classical.

1+ on that AS pricing. I used my daughters ID to pick up some Adobe software a couple of years ago. Forget the exact price but it was less than half.

And since I'm catching up from the beginning of the week...Santa also brought me the Keith Richards bio. Just skimmed it so far but looks like a fun read.

Jeff

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:43 pm

I can only assume you are talking about undergraduate classes or graduate school has certainly changed if two books for a class sends shivers up and down your spine.

What I play would mostly be the straight and natch'el blues and some streamlined Churck Berry-esque rock.

My listening pleasure. Still cannot get enough pre-War blues. I also like singer songwriters like Warren Zevon, Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, Richard Thompson, Tom Russell and such. Also of course there rock ranging from alot of Beatles, Stones and Byrds to 1960s garage psych punk like the Chocolate Watch Band and 13th Floor Elevators to guys like NRBQ and Dave Alvin. I do enjoy listening to classical music especially string quartets. I have even been known to listen to some opera particularly if Leontyne Price is singing.

Favorite finish on a G&L? I have always been partial Broadcasters and ASATs black guard on a black body.

Favorite pups? those slightly lower gaussed pickups on the Nighthawk, Skyhawk and Interceptor.

Favorite Body Style - the weird X body 1st body style Interceptor. Took me a long time ot warm up to it but for me it was definitely an ugly ducklig turning into a swan kinda thing

But I gotta admit, although I never thought I would be a fan of it, I love the transparent orange I first stumbled across on an AZ-3.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:22 pm

I'd love to see a shell pink G&L too. It's one of my favourite colours - I'm doing my parts-a-caster in it. I'm keen on Spanish Copper, Fullerton Red and Emerald blue finishes.

Loved the Carolina Shag dancing clip, great fun stuff. There's a radio show here which plays Carolina beach music, and until now I thought the theme tune - 'Shagging The Night Away' - meant something much different! Can I play guitar in your Carolina Shag band? Please?

I listen to jazz, country, soul, blues.... most of its old music. Seems to e like music was more about fun back then

Beach Music Link

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:45 pm

Ha! Too much Austin Powers. Shag-adelic baby!

The Beach Music Journal is an excellent resources for Beach Music.

Used to have a great Beach station locally. 'Course with the Net, it's available anytime.

Beach Music Audio Feed

Jamie

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks for the link Jamie, it's been bookmarked. Great stuff.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:13 pm

I like(d) the green and red sparkle finishes. They are crunchy!

What about http://www.slackkeyfestival.com/ that's beach to me...

Cheers,

Will