LR - Tues 1-4-11

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:15 am

Hi y’all.

Hope ya made it through Blue Monday.

Thanks for the great response yesterday.

Lunch will be back to the health regimen.

Broiled salmon with rice and mixed veggies on the side.

Talking ‘bout a health regimen, I’ve been a member of the local YMCA.

Enjoy the various classes, meeting people, and having fun.

The Y started volleyball once a week and it is a blast.

Didn’t play organized sports as a youth, but now I hate to lose.

What’s worse is to give the other team a point. Arrgh!

Never thought I was that competitive. Now psyched up on volleyball !

Do you walk, run, cycle, or go to a gym?

Do you maintain a healthy diet?

Quite a few interesting XMAS gifts yesterday.

Did you give a gift that wowed the recipient?

One gift that went over big was the Two Gentlemen of Lebowski.

Ya now it’s a great gift when they start reading to ya.

If you are a Big Lebowski fan, the Bard’s take is hilarious.

Music, Music, Music....

What is your Go To rig: guitar and amp? Got Pics?

How long did it take you to find your Go To rig?

What would be your ultimate setup?

I like my T-style and HB guitars through my Fender Deluxe.

Basses through the Ampeg V4B. Especially my SB-1.

Y’all have a gooderun.

Jamie

Re: LR - Tues 1-4-11

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:13 am

Do you walk, run, cycle, or go to a gym? Do you maintain a healthy diet?

I also am a member of my local YMCA, mostly I use the pool year round and the treadmill in the winter, looking to get into some classes as well.

I've done around ten or so triathlons including two half iron (70.3 miles) , a full ironman (140.6 miles), and some various biking or running events (i.e. - 5k's, MS 150 mile bike ride, etc.) So my general workout is swim, bike, or run...or any combination of that.
I'm trying to cross train a bit more this winter to help with a couple of nagging injuries, but I've put on a lot of weight do to inactivity and slacking on my diet.
I'm on track so far in the new year :D

None of my gifts wowed anyone this year...oh well there's always next :lol:

What is your Go To rig: guitar and amp? Got Pics? How long did it take you to find your Go To rig? What would be your ultimate setup?

Go to rig right now is my 2004 ASAT special, '66 Fender Bandmaster, and 1x15" cab that I built.
Took me only about 2 years to end up with that rig, I had previously sold all my electric guitar gear, so not long considering I had nothing but an acoustic guitar.

Hmmm... dream rig eh? G&L Broadcaster with maple neck, and I'm torn between a Fender Tweed Deluxe or a Fender brown face/blonde Tremolux w/ original 2x10 cab

-Dave

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:49 am

Yeah, I am a member of the local YMCA - but I don't work at it much. I figure I get enough exercise running up and down flights of stairs during the day or messing around with my Border Collie who is always up for a game of frisbee or (that dog can get some serious hang time).

Health regimen? Nope. But I am a member of the "If I knew I was going to hang around this long I would have taken better care of myself" club.

Rigs. The older I get the less picky I seem to be. No matter what I use I just tend to sound like me.

My obsession over the past year though has been lap steel. The perfect electric for playing some gutbucket, dirt under your fingernails blues. You can make it sound sweet like a violin and then venture into angel trumpets and devil trombones territory. But no instrument I have ever played sounds more like the human voice than the lap steel.

My rig at present consists of a 1950s Oahu Tonemaster and 1968 Airline-badged Supro S6698 Sportsman. I don't use picks and a bottleneck sometimes combined with a Will Ray Stealth slide on my left.

Don't really have a dream rig but I would not mind owning a Dumble Overdrive Special amp.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 am

Ahh, working out. I have spent a lot of time in the Gym in my life--and hated every second of it. I envy people who seem to truly enjoy working out. When I was younger, I cross trained for most of my cardio workout, and lifted weights for performance benefits for basketball, football, and track. I just kinda stuck with that until I tore my ACL a few years back, and I was really getting into road biking. I had Tri-care insurance at the time, and it took me almost 2 years to get he reconstruct done. In the mean time, there was no basketball or tennis to keep the weight off, but there was plenty of beer. So I gained about 40 pounds. Last year I lost about 15 of that so I am must keep the momentum up. I am going to one class, called 'bosu' or something along that line. Anyway it is a half ball that you put on the floor and some unnecessarily perky gal uses to inflict untold tortures on the class. I love the workout it totally kills me in an hour, and it is really helping get more athletic again!

:fighting0030:

My go to rig is my f-100 and my deluxe reverb's in stereo. It's not too flashy, but it kills. I will get better pictures one of these days...

My dream rig? I don't really have a perfect ideal; but ,have lot's of things I am dreaming about checking out....I kinda gotta go like Dave_P.

I really want to try a maple ASAT or broadcaster, with a thin old maple neck (maybe a little similar to the f-100). The only thing about the standard classic tele setup is--I have never made complete friends with the ashtray. But I love the feel of a slab tele, just feels like I can man handle it-and if the sound was good enough I could make friends with the ashtray! I would like to try this with two other amp setups. One would be Tweed deluxe (clone) and the other would be a more modern English style amp setup. Like a Mesa or an Orange.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:44 pm

I'm not a particularly sporty person. It seems that whenever I join a sports team they immediately start to lose every game. I have given that up now and try to get my exercise as part of my daily routine by riding in to uni. It works well, but I have to get my eating nder control, I have a large appetite and living in Melbourne, one of the worlds best food cities, doesn't help. My resolution this year is to lose 10kgs.

I'm pretty set as far as guitar gear goes. My rig at the moment is my SH Bluesboy through a variety of pedals into a tweed deluxe clone with an extension cab to move more air. That said I'm going out today to try out various solid state amps - I have a festival gig this weekend and will need more that 12 watts. Why solid state? Reliability and cost!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:46 pm

I do not exercise regularly but my doctor says I should due to cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar levels. I'm near the high side of normal for all three of these. I guess I need to get serious if want to avoid pills for as long as I can.

My current gig rig is my ASAT Special through an Acoustic G-60T head into a 2X10 cabinet. I've been listening to a jam tape. For the most part I like my tone, especially my clean tone. I love the contrast of my guitar and the other guitar, which was humbuckers through a Mesa. The tone difference makes for an interesting listen.

I do not have a dream rig but I'd love to have an older Telecaster. The most twangy amp I've ever owned was a 1x15 Musicman 65. I'm not sure if it was the 15 inch speaker or the MM circuit but man did it twang. I wouldn't mind having it back.

Tom

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 am

Cycling and running are my choice of exercise, however recent foot surgery has me grounded for another month. :thumbdown:

For Christmas I replaced a number of parts and had a tune up done on my brothers mountain bike which made his day.

Current go to is an ASAT Jr through a Boogie F-50. Ultimate set up? Maybe a Broadcaster (maple body) through a Boogie Mark V.