Friday Feast

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:34 am

Lunch today is courtesy of the management with some assistance from the worker bees in the building. We are having our annual Christmas smorgasbord. The manager's have sprung for the Turkey and Ham with the good folks in the building providing a variety of side dishes, drinks, and desserts. I am having some ham, turkey, a couple of meatballs, mac-n-cheese, tomato rice, walnut salad, a couple of rolls and lemon cake for dessert. The beverage is Diet Coke.

Today's song features the Legacy HB through a Matchless Clubman Reverb and a Fulltone Fulldrive pedal: http://www.myspace.com/tightsqueezebluesandclassicrock/music/songs/black-magic-woman-2228289

The latest Gig story:

We played in one of our favorite clubs back in October. It's a neighborhood bar in the more rural part of the county and they have a "different" kind of crowd out there. Working class folks and bikers. One of things the patrons do if they like the band, is to take the huge 5-gallon jug around the crowd to raise tips for the band. On this particular night, there was a cute little blonde that I had not seen there before and she was sporting a very perky set of "man-made" accessories. I chatted her up for a couple of minutes and quickly realized she was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. So, we started playing and everyone was getting into the music. At some point in the middle of the first set, one of the patrons started taking the tip jar around the crowd. She walks over to the blonde and says "Tips for the band". Apparently what she heard was "Tits for the band". She pointed herself towards us and lifted her blouse to reveal what she was sporting. Of course, we got a big kick out that. And after the song, I said to the crowd, "It's tips, t-i-p-s, tips". She did kick in some tip money after that.

Next week's lunch reporter: to be determined. If anyone wants to volunteer, send me a private message. If I don't get any takers, I can either appoint someone (valid according to the rules), or, suggest to Craig we do an open mic since it is the last week before Christmas.

Thanks for putting up with my ramblings this week. I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

RickT

Re: Friday Feast

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Alright! T-i-p-s and t-i-t-s! You guys must have been playing!

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Office partys are always fun, I'll be hosting mine at my home this year instead of a resturant/bar, out of my staff or 10, not one is a musican, By the end of the night though I'll pull out the acoustic and have them at least singing some christmas tunes.

The mathless sounds sweet! Gotta love those bar stories, I really miss those times on the bar circut.

gary

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:57 pm

That story made me laugh. Nice euphemism. I hope to see that sort of thing at one of my own gigs one day. My dream is to look out over the crowd and see a whole bunch of girls on people's shoulders with their tips out.

Again, very nice playing Rick.

Open Mic is a good idea, I'm sure that everyone will be fairly busy this time of year.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Great cover...you guys rock!!

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Maybe she thought you boys needed two nipples for a dime? ;+) - ed

PS: Nice week, Rick. Enjoyed it.