Thanksgiving Thursday!!

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Submitting this lunch report a bit earlier since I will be in New York knee deep in gravy around lunch time :alright:

LUNCH

This is an easy one today, I will be having roast turkey, gravy, mashed potato, yams, stuffing, various veggies and a wide assortment of pies :mrgreen:
Then I will promptly retire to the couch for the Partiots/Lions game and :zzz:

OFF TOPIC

For those of us in the States tomorrow is Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year, with plenty of deals to be had if you're willing to go out at 4am or earlier. I went out once, about 5 years ago, to get a computer dirt cheap. At the time I was living in Arizona so standing in line in the wee hours of the morning wasn't all that bad (no rain, not cold). This year I'm actually considering it again, this time for a TV. Let me preface this with the fact that I have never bought a television in my life, always got a hand me down, and I don't even have cable! The reason for it is I want something I can plug my laptop into and something with a digital tuner so I can ditch the fritzy converter box I have to use at the moment. That's how I'm justifying it anyway :lol:
This year's weather forecast....30's and rain :confused0077:

Anyone else out there going to brave the stores tomorrow morning?

G&L TOPIC

Suggestion box day
Expanding a bit upon a prior topic, likes/wants for guitar options, how about other aspects of G&L. Any great ideas out there?

I think it's great G&L has sound clips up for a lot of the guitars, excellent addition to the website.
With all the options available I think it'd be awesome to have a "Build your guitar" area, sort of like a car website where it would load the type of guitar you were looking at and then you could mix/match finishes, pick guard colors, neck woods/finishes.

Happy Thanksgiving!
-Dave

Re: Thanksgiving Thursday!!

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:00 am

Happy Thanksgiving! On this day, we should really seek out a Native American and share a meal with them. No shopping for me tomorrow. I'm done and my new iPad is schweet! G&L: black powder coating options, compound radii, metal string thingy on ASAT Classic.

Cheers,

Will

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:23 am

This year we're doing something different. I'm taking the family to Maggiano's Italian restaurant for a family style set up. We get some traditional turkey and fixings mixed with some Italian favorites. It should be a lot of fun.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

RickT

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Great... Typical thanksgiving food here with the addition of roasted Brussel sprouts and asparagus..

Black friday sucks, I've gotten up early and gone to stores a few times to get that deal on a laptop or TV just to find a mile long lone already, or my favorite, you had to get a number the week before (although they didn't tell me when I was in the store asking about it. )

The G&L option I would want is a thinner #1 neck

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:23 pm

willross wrote:Happy Thanksgiving! On this day, we should really seek out a Native American and share a meal with them.

I'd wondered what Thanksgiving was about, you see it referred to in countless cartoons and rubbishy sit coms. That explains it in a nutshell. We really need something like that here but our government has only just apologized to the Indigenous Australians for some pretty damn nasty stuff. What can you do. Your Black Friday sounds horrible - I hate those sales, seeing all those people swarming for a cheap whatever brings to mind an image of a pack of small dogs bringing down a wild boar.

G&L option - How about a nitro finish option that ISN'T relic-ed? I'd buy one.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:45 pm

I'd wondered what Thanksgiving was about, you see it referred to in countless cartoons and rubbishy sit coms

Thanksgiving began as a celebration of making it through the first winter in New England. The natives here played a big part in helping the colonists, so at the next harvest the Native Americans and the pilgrims got together and had a feast. Later on we went to war with the natives and thus began an ugly time in American history. We still celebrate that first coming together though.
I'd say staple Thanksgiving food is a roast turkey, bread stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce (boil down cranberries with sugar and water into a jelly). Then you can have variations of other side dishes, yams, mashed potato, veggies or all of the above :lol:
Dessert usually includes some type of pie, I think pumpkin is the most common. I'm not a big fan of pumpkin pie, but I did have some delicious pecan pie after dinner.

-Dave