Workin Man's Wednesday (Hump Day)

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Great sunny day here on the west coast, that is if I wasn’t sick
as a dog...Lunch today is chicken soup and crackers..

Non topic... Customer service..

Have you had just exceptional customer service from anyone ?

I’ve gotten great service from G&L, Peavey, Mesa, Aracom Amps,
Brian at Menatone, Ron Menelli at RJM and Bob at Eurotubes.

The folks at PV helped me track down parts, sent me knobs for free
and have been great overall. Mesa techs walked me through a non
functioning reverb circuit. Jeff at Aracom has just been great to deal
with and helped me with the attenuator I got from him so I did a sound
clips page for him using my S-500 and modified Super Reverb..
http://www.aracom-amps.com/products/audio-prx150-9.html

Menatone fixed my VOS pedal that had a bent knob/pot clearly
not a warrantee issue.. Bob at Eurotubes helped me get the bias
on my 5150 II repaired... Last (before the G&L topic) is Ron
Menelli. I called him explaining I got a Rivera R100 with a FS
what had a new cable put on it which was completely wired wrong
. I had called Rivera a couple times and couldn’t get it so I was in a bind
I knew he made a control cable to go from his Amp Gizmo to the R100.
It had nothing to do with him or his company but he took the time
to give me the pinout for the cable. Great guy...

For the G&L portion of todays program.. I’d like to thank the folks
at G&L. When I bought my WR new from MF it was a once in a
decade new guitar purchase. It was missing everything that was supposed
to come with it and it had a small ding in it.. It didn’t play very well
so the great folks at G&L got me all the papers, Vids, and slide rings and
walked me through the specific setup on this guitar. While that may not
seem like too much to ask, I’ve had other companies tell me to go through
the dealer from from which I bought it. MF said send it back when I talked
to them but I’m super picky about neck size and feel and this neck was
perfect so that wasn’t a good option.
Here's a pic of my WR..

Bonus Vids

[youtube]XViK4laMGwk[/youtube]

[youtube]iC5O8PM2nM4[/youtube]

Re: Workin Man's Wednesday (Hump Day)

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:07 pm

I have recieved a lot of good service from people.

My G&L Dealer, Mark Pongetti , put up with me asking 20 odd different questions, and ran a few calls to the factory for me to see if they would do things. Including another call to verify something the day I came in to order.

Dave at Avatar cabs is excellent and on the ball. I am currently working with a sheet metaller (tbbartholomew@gmail.com ) is working with me on a top secret project, and he is phenomenal. He makes you whatever you want and can ask for, and quotes prices on an individual basis. He will make a pickguard (if you provide him with a good template, the pickguard or a CAD file) for a very reasonable price.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 pm

I've had good experience w/ Countryman, Heavy Electronics, Moog and a few others. Got a project in the works too and a post from Kodor helped set the fire (inadvertently, of course). Can't say much more, but shooting for a February completion date.

Cheers,

Will

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Have you had just exceptional customer service from anyone ?
Yeah, a few great experiences and fair share of awful ones. Let's focus on the brighter side. With my travel schedule, Delta airlines treats me as well as I can hope for. Music wise gotta give a hand to a few folks. Local music shop was extremely helpful in two of my guitar projects. Did very nice work on one and provided perfect recommendation for job that was over their heads instead of trying to do it and screw it up. The guys at Mesa Boogie help desk are always polite and helpful with Q&A all over the board for Boogie amps. Even the "you should know this" questions. The G&L/BBE boys/girls have been helpful with all questions. Live answers on BBE pedals are better than trying to read between the lines. May have another success story tomorrow when I get home and get hands on the new ASAT Jr that arrived two days ago. Incoming post will be made! Oh yeah, go on a G&L tour if you ever get the chance. But you will have a tremendous urge to buy a new G&L guitar. :banana:

Here's a pic of my WR..
You read my post on favorite color apparently. :clap: Don't own this color but sweet.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 pm

I did see the color thing on your post... I love it as well...need an orange one now...Thanks..

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:58 pm

I've had GREAT service from Buck at Don Mare pickups, Owen at O.C. Duff, Nik at Ceriatone amps (fantastic service, great products), Michael at MI Audio (recently reapaired my OD pedal, which had a minor niggle, for nix - didn't ask if I'd put it through the washing machine etc) as well as a host of other folks who frequent forums like this one. I seem to get served by people with serious attitude whenever I go into a music store here. Hell, even when i go to my corner shop to get a loaf of bread and some milk!

Love the WR, Chris. I can't begin to say how much I want a sparkle finish guitar!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 am

I have had great service from a number of companies.

I emailed EMG about 15 years ago asking them for a set of knobs to go with a set of EMG pickups that I had bought at a close out sale. The set had no knobs included and EMG sent me a set of knobs.

Peavey gave me a free consulting session to figure out what was wrong with my Peavey MegaBass head. It turned out to be just the molex nylon connections internal to the amp. Cleaned the connectors- good to go.

G&L came through for me when I thought my L-2000 pre-amp had failed. They sent me a free IC chip to fix the preamp. Very cool IMHO.

I love the Will Ray guitar. I want a bass in that finish! Turquoise sparkle! Way cool!