Re: Lunch Report ~ Tuesday Sept. 21st

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:01 am

a) What do you look for in a Guitar/Bass Website? (Fancy photo's? Video's of it being played?)
b) What favorites do you have? (extra points for saying Buffalo Bros….hahahaha)

Photos of every inch of the guitar. One thing I hate is angled shots from multiple angles, and nothing head on. I really like the photos on buffalo bros, no kids they are great. You are not shooting the guitar as a model, but as a guitar (because its not a dang model!). I like Proguitarshop.com too, as they have demos for most everything they sell built in, and Andy uses G&L ASATs a lot :P.

I don't know about what to save, I would probably need to save my bass. Although my contour are close too... MY G&L isn't here yet, but if it can displace either of those 2 I will be thoroughly impressed. I bought it for different not necessarily better afterall. Not to mention the other 2 have some exception figured wood and whatnot, the G&L comes to me something much less unique. Not to mention my wife bought the other two.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:21 am

I like Boysenberry jam. Never have had Mrs. Knotts but about the best I ever tasted was from Maury Island Farms.

Having lived in the Deep South I developed a taste for Wild Muscadine Grape Jam as well as for picking figs right off the tree.

Forums - How about one where you do not read thread after thread asking the old chestnut - "what guitar should I buy" or endless discussons of tnewoods. One I like is Old School Guitar. It was spun off from the Gear Page for geezers who were more thrilled to read posts about and listen to Paul Burlinson than the latest Heavy Metal Guitar God or the newest innovations in pedal boards or whatever. Real small group though.

Ahhh the house is going up in flames so what one guitar do ya grab. All depends, if the flames are licking at my heals it would probably the one that is the closest. Last night that would have left me with a choice between my 1931/32 National Duloian or 1950s Oahu Tonemaster Lap Steel - I was working on versions of the Monkee's "Last Train to Clarksville" one in open tuning and the other for the lap steel.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:11 pm

I've had that fig dish. It's an Italian favorite! Read my last post from yesterday with regards to what I like/dislike about music shops.

Cheers,

Will

Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Tim Buffalo Bros wrote:By the way ~ how do you set up a "POLL" in the Lunch Report?
Anyone know?
Thanks,
Tim

Check this out from the FAQ - How do I create a poll?

Use the Test Area forum to try out Poll creation.

Hope this helps.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:01 pm

Tim Buffalo Bros wrote:Today I’m making myself a childhood favorite ~ peanut butter and jelly on buttermilk bread. But not really jelly ~ I prefer Knotts Boysenberry Jam! Growing up in Southern California ~ everyone KNEW of this because of Knott’s Berry Farm over in Anaheim (right next door to Fullerton). Knott’s is the alter ego of Disneyland (also in Anaheim). While Disneyland started in 1955, many don’t realize Knott’s Berry Farm was there about 20-years earlier ~ slowly expanding from a farm and roadside eatery to a Wild West Frontier theme park.

Anaheim? Sorry, Tim. Buena Park.

2) Non-G&L Topic ~ Website Lurking & Shopping:

All of us lurk at some guitar website from time to time….but usually one more than others. To me, I look for photo’s and fun descriptions that engage my interest. I while I have a tendency to spend a lot of time at http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com (Wink! Wink!) ~ I do look at other websites.

You guys are the best. Let the instrument sell itself.

a) What do you look for in a Guitar/Bass Website? (Fancy photo's? Video's of it being played?)

Good useful info. Doesn't have to be pretty, though pretty pictures are a plus ("no pics - no bass" is way of life).

Good pictures are an absolute REQUIREMENT if we're talking about selling guitars & basses. So many places don't seem to get that - particularly private sellers. Sorry kids, but pictures from your cel phone with crappy lighting and a noseprint on the lens don't cut it. The pics don't have to be 15MB monsters, but a nice clear pic at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 works very well and doesn't pound the bandwidth.

Well, I kinda like your place. Mine is a personal favorite, but that's just me. Seeing as how we're being so shameless about it. :mrgreen:

3) G&L Topic of the Day ~ The Highlander Quest, “there can be only one”

I believe you know this one...

Ken...

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:50 pm

So my question is TWO FOLD for you today.

I look for g strings ;+)

Buffalo Brothers is the only guitar/bass web site I routinely visit. (I accept PayPal, Tim) ;+)

My Bluesboy, of course! (nobody made me say this, honestly)

Nice Job! - ed

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:36 pm

I love Knotts Boysenberry Jam as well. Lived in Westlake in the 70's and was introduced to Boysenberry at Knotts as well. Plan on taking my family there next summer, should be fun. :thumbup:

selection, pictures and prices are preferred.

my lurking spots outside of ebay and Craigslist include Elderly, gbase, musician friend (just because), good n' loud, Atlanta Discount Music and a little shop called BBrothers. :alright:

The house is on fire, the wife and kids have made it out safely. You can grab only ONE G&L guitar.

For me, it’s the 88 ASAT, just because it is Leo era and has all the mojo in the world, but this could change tomorrow. Second, since I have a free hand, would have to be the Martin D-41 because it’s the best acoustic I've owned and heard and just as yours, it's worth more $$$$ wise than any other G&L guitar I own.

All this web site talk has me off to surf for guitars for awhile. :D

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:17 pm

[quote

[/quote]

Since I'm a lefty, I look for sites that carry a large selection of lefty guitars. Detailed photos are a must.

My favorites are : Guitar Adoption http://www.guitaradoptions.com/for-lefties-only/ for G&L guitars and Jerry's Lefty Guitars for a wide selectionhttp://jerrysleftyguitars.com/ 8-)

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Dad gum! I work too much. I miss you guys... How is everyone?

So my question is TWO FOLD for you today.

p0rn!...and good deals

I'm not gonna lie...I saw that JB on Buffalo Bros and fell in love...thanks Tim! Besides BBros, Guitar Adoptions, Ebay, & Craigslist

The house is on fire, the wife and kids have made it out safely. You can grab only ONE G&L guitar. Why are your grabbing THAT ONE? And while I'm at it ~ please post a photo of your cherished G&L!

Well if I could grab only a G&L, it would be my 1st...my custom ordered legacy.