Friday - 09/17/2010 - Lunch Report & Breakfast Extravaganza!

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:26 am

Oh yeah! This is it! The Official Lunch Report & Breakfast Extravaganza! Featuring BOTH lunch and breakfast items... at the SAME time! This ain't no brunch yall! More like Lunchtacular with a breakfast twist! Like Eggs Benedict with fries and a Shamrock Shake! When this is over, my toilet will hate me. Actually, I have no idea what lunch will be today...

G&L Content: It seems like there are more G&L's for sale in the used market than ever. They are moving too. People are willing to trade F and G's for a G&L! So, what does this mean? I can see how the economy is encouraging people to break into their vaults.

Another question I see is what G&L for what amp. Let's hear about it. S-500's go better with..., Classic's w/ Alnico go better with..., etc.

Have a good one,

replyman

Re: Friday - 09/17/2010 - Lunch Report & Breakfast Extravaganza!

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:32 am

No lunch for Woof today. I actually made a nice chicken salad last night and this morning packed it in some pita bread and then left it sitting on the counter as I sauntered off to work. it is gonna be a long a day.

Lots of sweet gitboxes up for grabs and there are alot of bargains out there. I am guessing folks are more and more having to sell or trade something rather than buy outright. Great time to be buying but a lousy time to be selling.

Amps and guitars -

Hows about

A George Fullerton Legacy plugged into a a Blackface Fender Princeton.

But ya know, no matter what guitar - they always sound good plugged into some low power Fender tweed.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:55 am

Anything I plug into my Mark V sounds good, even guitars I never used to like for sonic reasons :D

I wager my G&L will sound great once it comes in. I am a bit concerned with one thing, I use splitting coils A LOT to drop the intensity and clean up my amp. I might need to install a 'gain circuit' switch/pull pot. I have heard of this before and engaging them cuts the signal XX amount.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:28 pm

I've been told that the Alnicos like Alnicos and this and that. It would be nice to analyze what makes the MFD's shine the best.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:43 pm

My S-500's always sound great through my Fender Pro Reverb or my Mesa Boogie Mark III.

My G&L basses, (L-2000s, USA and Tribute) have been sounding great through my Mark Bass amp and My Peavey MegaBass amp.

Here are some pictures from the Greenbelt Blues Festival on Sept. 11:http://greenbelt.patch.com/articles/new-deal-cafe-gets-down-and-dirty-with-the-blues

Have a great weekend.