Lunch Report for Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Lunch: I worked through lunch, so I ate nothing. Not very interesting but that's the truth.
I'm sorry there is no Lunch Reporter. No one replied to my PMs.

Post Gig Report x2:

I had 2 gigs this past weekend. One was rather strange. Actually, both were strange so here goes:
Gig 1: At Dave and Busters, which is a loud restaurant/ gaming experience normally.
Play for one hour Friday note 6:30- 7:30 with a trio, guitar bass and drums, soft instrumental tunes through a direct box with no amps and get paid 50 bucks! I was referred by another bass player who had to go out of town.
Not too shabby these days of no money gigs. The room is a back dining room at D&Bs, I meet the other guys. I play my Steinberger bass and all goes well. We play stuff like Breezin by Geo Benson and Spooky to give you an idea. The sound is coming out of ceiling speakers at a very soft volume. Its weird but its what they want.
We are followed by a magician and a comedian. During our set, couples start to fill the dining room.
We finish and get paid. The other guys are playing this gig for the next couple of weekends. Good for them.

GIG 2: Saturday, The Greenbelt Blues Festival.12-11 I Play behind Johnny Graves @6 with the Capital Blues Ensemble. I play my USA L-2000 through my Peavey Megabass Amp. As we are setting up and getting levels the sound man comes over and says, "What a great bass tone".
I said its the G&L bass. We have two horns, sax and trumpet and they are great improvisers.

We kick ass. The band and Johnny sound great and we wow the crowd. I get some free food and wait for our other set backing up a singer named Nadine Rae @ 8. Different kind of blues.
We are moved indoors to the New Deal Cafe. We do our rehearsed set and blow away the crowd from 8 to 9:30. People loved it. We split tips among all bands that played and I got $17 dollars. Whoo-hoo!

I'll see you all later.

Re: Lunch Report for Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 am

Kudos!

Re: Lunch Report for Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks for stepping up, Bassman.
Sounds like you had some fun this weekend.
Man, since you obviously don't mind playing for seventeen bucks for an hour and a half, I'm wondering what you'd charge me for an hour-long bass lesson? ;+) - ed