Friday Lunch Report

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:09 am

Lunch: I'm writing my lunch report early. Today's lunch is unknown at this time.

Guitars: I can't come up with a G&L question that hasn't already been asked. I was hoping to have more topics that were directly related to G&L guitars.

Today's guitar question: Is there a guitar manufacturer who's products just don't feel right or sound right and then suddenly you find one instrument made by them that you really like. Did you buy that instrument? If you did buy it please show us a picture of it.

I've played a bunch of PRS guitars and didn't care for them. Last year I was in a store in Des Moines that had a '99 PRS, McCarty and it felt right, played right and sounded great! I debated for three weeks on whether or not I should buy it. I bought it and I love it. I've since owned one other PRS and I didn't like it. I've played many more in stores and they didn't do it for me either. I've found that one guitar that works for me!

Here's some poor quality pics of it:

Weekend: What's every one's plans for the weekend? I'm going to the races again tonight and tomorrow night at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas.

Next week's lunch reporter: I've sent out several email's and so far no one has stepped up to be next week's lunch reporter. I'm still looking for a volunteer.

Random picture of the day:

Joke of the day:

A man entered the bus with both of his front pockets full of golf balls and sat down next to a beautiful....(you guessed it)....blonde.

The puzzled blonde kept looking at him and his bulging pockets.

Finally, after many such glances from her, he said, "It's golf balls."

Nevertheless, the blonde continued to look at him for a very long time, deeply thinking about what he had said.

After several minutes, not being able to contain her curiosity any longer,

she asked...... "Does it hurt as much as tennis elbow?"

Sprinter 92

Re: Friday Lunch Report

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:38 am

I want to like PRS guitars. Granted, I haven't played that many but the ones that I have played
just didn't do anything for me. They are fine looking instruments and the fit and finish seem real nice. I guess
I'll continue to try them from time to time. In the meantime at least I'm saving money :D

Weekend plans? Meeting some friends for dinner at my favorite restaurant. If the weather holds out I'll
take a bike ride in the morning.

Jeff

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:26 am

PRS is one of the beasts I have never tried, I moved from the 'common' brand lust to Carvin lust a while ago. I tried a G&L on a whim this spring and had an instant love effect. Sometimes the grass is greener, but I can't see myself paying for PRS so I just don't play them regardless. However if I did play one and it felt right, I agree I would probably find a way to buy it.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 pm

I like PRS guitars. They are a local company to me since they are located in Maryland.
I toured the old Annapolis factory with my wife one day. We just showed up and they gave us a cursory look at the operation.
It was very cool and a remember the pantograph style machine that they used to carve the guitar tops based on an aluminum master body.

I once had a chance to buy a early PRS bass that was owned by Gary Talent of the E street band.

It was solid mahogany and it had a single P-style pickup. It wasn't thrilled with it, although if I had bought it it would be worth a fortune today.

I thought PRS and their higher prices were the real reason that Gibson raised their prices so much since the mid -80s.

Question and answer- I could never find a Music Man bass that sounded quite right to me. I always thought that something was lacking in the tone of those basses until I found a SUB Sting Ray bass and I thought that it was great.
I have since bought three sub basses and I like to tone of the poplar bodies and those MM pickups.

I am playing at a large corporate party tomorrow with my band RAGs.
It is a recurring gig and this is the third year that we have done it.

Good week Sprinter, I should've contributed more but I was busy at work.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Cannot think of anything at the moment. There are certain amps I do not like with certain guitars. I hated the sound of an old Tele plugged into a Mesa amp but liked the same amp with a Les Paul plugged in.

I like the PRS guitars. I think they are a heck of alot of guitar for the bucks especially compared to a Gibson Lester. Lots of folks I know keep telling me to buy a PRS and get it over with it because you will own one some day.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Great week Sprinter, travelling like a gypsy so input has been sporadic.

Lunch: I'm writing my lunch report early.
Always better than later :roll:

Today's guitar question: Is there a guitar manufacturer who's products just don't feel right or sound right and then suddenly you find one instrument made by them that you really like. Did you buy that instrument? If you did buy it please show us a picture of it.
None at this time. Was close snagging to a Suhr I liked in Atlanta area about 10 years ago, but funds were so 1977! Could still grab one of those. Had hands on a Nash that was nice but, well, eh.... Original Schecter tele's circa 1980ish have a cool feel if you can find one. Hey, Pete liked 'em.

The PRS string has been toyed with, but I have to say I have not had my hands on enough of 'em to say yea or nay. Nice one you have though. If ya send it my way I could change my mind quickly! :evilgrin:

Weekend: What's every one's plans for the weekend?
I'm going to take on house projects that have been lingering too long. :shocked028:

Will be glad when they are done. :banana:

Pedal to the metal dude!! :alright: