Lunch Report - January 30, 2024

Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:10 pm

Today's lunch was good ole ham and beans with cornbread, made by the loving hands of my 86-year old mom.
Mom's a published gourmet cook and so is capable of some pretty incredible meals.
My favorites though are the simple southern dishes she makes. You're never too old to enjoy mom's cooking!

Content for today is actually a YT video by Zac Childs released earlier this morning.
In it he relates the development of the ASAT, the tale of a special ASAT and some behind-the-scenes stories as related to him by John Jorgensen. Get yourself some lunch, sit back and enjoy some early G&L history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp73fO72x78

TJ

Re: Lunch Report - January 30, 2024

Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:05 pm

Another Lunch Report from TexasJack!

Here’s to “mom’s” cooking for sure. Some have moms that we ask What’s mom cooking for dinner, and some ask What’s mom burning for dinner, but they all have special dishes. Could be meals, desserts, appetizers or drinks but we love them for it. Sounds like meals at your house have always been an epicurean delight. My mom downgrades her cooking but I’ve always thought it is tasty.

ASAT history video, woohoo! :banana: I started to watch but want to be in a spot to spend 30 minutes of undivided attention. Man I’m looking forward to seeing this. Thanks for sharing.

Remember, you can have too many ASAT’s! :alright:

Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:41 pm

Very cool video about the ASAT/Broadcaster, Jeff Ross and John Jorgenson!

Here is the video coded to open in a new tab and play:
YT video by Zac Childs

Thanks to TexasJack for this Lunch Report :thumbup:

Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:47 am

TexasJack wrote:Today's lunch was good ole ham and beans with cornbread, made by the loving hands of my 86-year old mom.
Mom's a published gourmet cook and so is capable of some pretty incredible meals.
My favorites though are the simple southern dishes she makes. You're never too old to enjoy mom's cooking!

Content for today is actually a YT video by Zac Childs released earlier this morning.
In it he relates the development of the ASAT, the tale of a special ASAT and some behind-the-scenes stories as related to him by John Jorgensen. Get yourself some lunch, sit back and enjoy some early G&L history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp73fO72x78

TJ

I absolutely loved that video. Made my day.

Thanks for that.