Lunch: Friday, June 11

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Food:
Turkey sandwich with turkey pepperoni and Hi-Top Dijon mustard. The tea was... ...wait for it... ...Brooke Bond Taj Mahal!

Craigslist!!!
Craigslist baby c'mon!
[youtube]y4sALru9IJk[/youtube]

The bike section of craigslist Boise has been on a rampage the last half year. We've picked up two bikes plus a pedicab. Here's the bike I bought:
http://www.rickshawseason.com/coker-monster-cruiser/

...and a size comparison to the Schwinn:

36 inch tires! That's a yard a wheel! Does this make sense? Not really, but it's fun. I do think a 29" cruiser would be great though.

What do you use craigslist for (if anything)? For me it has clearly been buying bicycles.

Cycling
I like to haul, obviously, but I don't limit myself to humans. Here's the Rickshaw set to haul in glass (Boise has pickup for other things but not glass):

Thanks to craigslist, I picked up a huge Wald rack for my Schwinn in nice shape.

Those are about $50 new if I understand correctly. I paid $10. Nice.

So, the first haul I did included the following:
13 lbs. frozen turkey
6 bottles of New Belgium 1554 beer
3 gallons of milk
Assorted other groceries (Teriyaki sauce, multiple cans, frozen burritos, the turkey pepperoni I had during lunch today, and more)

If my calculations are correct, that's about 38 lbs. in turkey and milk alone. The bike was quite tail heavy. Next time I'll load the gallon jugs of milk to the front, as the bike was excessively tail heavy.

Anyone else hauling with non-motorized cycles?

Unlike road bike people (which are an odd group to me), cycle weight isn't so much a concern for me. Passengers are the big concern. Here's a recent weight analysis for some pedicab parts I ordered:
http://www.rickshawseason.com/component-weight/

G&L
Another day, another patent from the gallery. I love this section.

Here's the Saddlelock bridge:
http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/ma ... temId=5586

I have a soft sport for patent art. Here's a T-shirt I designed some time back with the Alun Ashworth-Jones Ashbory Bass patent:
https://www.largesound.com/buy/index.ph ... shirt-blue

Album art
I was working on Traveler art last night. I like to draw stuff and let it simmer overnight. I'll revisit it later today and see if I still like it. Here's some art I've done for other releases:

(this release doesn't exist, but the cover has been designed):

What band art have you worked on over the years? Show us! I'm a fan of the Mad Maggies posters myself.

Ken or whoever will be here next week.

-Brock

Re: Lunch: Friday, June 11

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Nice work. As bikes go, I'm riding Specialized Crossroads XC Experts w/ Deore parts(55, 52). Rickshaws are shweet! I've ridden on them quite a few times overseas.

Your cover art is strong. A lot of old school techniques are coming back like using Bryce on Classic Macs w/ Apple Draw, etc. My work has been feature film slicks and posters for Canpoke Media. Also a few solo artist projects for myself...

Have a great weekend.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Craigslist is how I bought my 1984 G&L SB-2. Thanks to a tip given on this website a few years ago, and Craigslist is how I also bought my Tribute L-2000 about 3 weeks ago.
I had the guy bring it to where I work!

I also got my red lynx via Craigslist. Cl has been very good to me. LOL

Band art- Its all on this site:http://capitalbluesensemble.com/CBE%20Promo%20Things.html

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Interesting week Brock, and I enjoyed the Traveler updates

CD Art: In Mondays LR I mentioned a couple of projects - "A Brief History of .... Mine: From Big Bang to Black Hole", salvaging whatever I can from a couple of old cassettes from my younger days and "Older but No Wiser" ... the result of wine induced speculation as to what our late 70s/early '80s gothic/punk band might have sounded like if "now" had been our time. The musical content of each is still a work in progress but the artwork is done :-)
Cheers, Robbie

A Brief History ....

Older but no wiser ...

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Wow...you got a lot of bikes, man! I finally got a bike again last year...a Giant Rincon which I'm enjoying...first bike since my 10-speed from my youth. I don't get to ride a lot. Though I do make the occasional grocery run in it, but I've got no bags or baskets to help carry. But I did have a gallon of milk one time...and wondered what the heck I was thinking as I rode back home! Fortunately it's only about a half mile to the store! Anyway, my 7yr old is finally getting the basics of riding down, so hopefully we'll be able to ride together soon.

The biggest pain is that we live on top of a steep hill, and I'm the only one in the family who can bike up it!!

Haven't bought or sold anything on Craigslist, though I almost sold my Mesa F50 amp through it a few years back. And I'm actively looking for a good deal on a telescope right now.