Lunch Report, 5/27/10

Thu May 27, 2010 11:09 am

This week I've been thinking of how much I *don't* give credit to Neal Schon as an influence. He actually may be my favorite unacknowleged guitar player.

In his honor, I had Chicken Piccata at The Tavern, in Olney, MD. Delicious chicken with a creamy sauce w/capers, Angel Hair pasta, vegetable medley, and a Stella Artois.

Re: Lunch Report, 5/27/10

Thu May 27, 2010 1:21 pm

I LOVE Stella.

Do they still bake great homemade breads at the Tavern? Is it still popular with bikers? I haven't been there in years! - ed

Thu May 27, 2010 2:33 pm

not giving Neal Schon credit is highly recommended :D

Fri May 28, 2010 9:28 am

That is pretty neat Tim.

My wife works in addictions services with a psych degree, I am currently doing a Masters in Geotech engineering, can't say we have ever worked together.

Fri May 28, 2010 10:07 am

Here, here, for Neal Schon. One of my favorite guitarists!

So cool that you went to school with him, Tim!

Fri May 28, 2010 10:48 am

zapcosongs wrote:I LOVE Stella.

Do they still bake great homemade breads at the Tavern? Is it still popular with bikers? I haven't been there in years! - ed

I think you might be mixing 2 places up. The Olney Tavern has never made bread (to my knowlwdge). Maybe thinking Olney Grille? The Tavern used to be The Grand Marquis which was popular with bikers if I'm not mistaken.

Fri May 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Duuuuh!!!

I was thinking the Olney Alehouse! Sorry! - ed

(I assume it's still there? Great location. When you get to the fork, take it!) - ed

Mon May 31, 2010 5:14 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Duuuuh!!!

I was thinking the Olney Alehouse! Sorry! - ed

(I assume it's still there? Great location. When you get to the fork, take it!) - ed

That place is an institution! I don't go there often, but I'm gonna have to ask for the bread next time I do.