Lunch Report, 5/25/10

Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 am

Back at the store today, and the rest of the week. Exhausted. Slept in. Had some WEIRD dreams. Dreamt my father-in-law, a former Republican state senator from Rhode Island was on a news talk show and made a Cheap Trick reference, and then started singing "If You Want My Love"! The other one was that Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman was killed in a horrific car crash, and The Band got together to play in his honor within hours of the accident, at the site of the accident, which was some rural area.

Anyway, our lunch today. Why do I feel like all my deep dark truths will emerge this week? Rushed 7-11 on the way in. 1/4 lb. Big Bite with cheese and jalapenos, Sun Chips (French Onion), a brownie, and of course, Diet Pepsi.

Re: Lunch Report, 5/25/10

Tue May 25, 2010 11:11 am

elduave wrote:The other one was that Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman was killed in a horrific car crash, and The Band got together to play in his honor within hours of the accident, at the site of the accident, which was some rural area.

If that is what it takes to bring Robbie, Garth, Levon, and dearly missed Rick and Richard back together to make their unique brand of music ... I barely dare think it ...

Tue May 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Must of been a night for odd dreams. Last night I had a very vivid dream that I went to NYC and ended up going to a party with Matt Lauer and Ann Curry from NBC's Today Show.

On a side note and complete unsolicited and not that Dave would remember, but I did business with his store about a year ago. Grabbed a Tribute SB2 in metallic red. Nice price and he treated me right. Count me as a happy customer.

Jeff

Tue May 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Man, I had weird dreams last night as well. I dreamt that Shannen Doherty and I were dating again. We broke it off years ago before I met my wife but I still dream about her once in a while. Everyone says she’s kind of a bi*ch, and she is, but it started out as a physical thing and pretty much stayed a physical thing. Eventually I had to dump her because of her misaligned eyes. :crazy: I told her it was because I couldn’t deal with her being a star and all but it was the eye.

Maybe it’s not such a big thing but her right eye is 1 centimeter lower than the left and that always freaked me out a little. The whole time we were going out I could never look her straight in the face without getting weirded out a little. The worst was when she would have her head noticeably cocked to the left but both her eyes were dead-nuts even. Anyway, in my dreams her left eye is where it normally is but her right eye is actually on her neck and she’s chasing me around my yard with a gas powered weed eater. In my dream I know it’s not my weed eater berceuse mine is next to impossible to start. Then I run in to the garage to hide but Tori Spelling pops out from behind the door swinging a croquet mallet and I barely escape with all my teeth. As I’m running out of the garage I trip and fall like every girl being chased in every horror movie ever made and just as Shannen is about to slice me into little pieces she sees Tori Spelling and goes after her. A vicious cat fight ensues and I make my escape. But as I’m running away Shannen’s neck eye looks over at me and paralyzes me with fear. I lay there quivering like a scared baby rabbit in a snake cage for about two full minutes then Shannen emerges for the garage covered with Tori blood from head to toe. She glares at me with her neck eye and swings the weed eater towards me but at the last second it runs out of gas. I instinctively jump up and punch her in the neck giving her a black eye. Then I turn and run away screaming like a little girl, running down the street at top speed. I look back and Shannen is knawling on Tori’s skull content for the moment but I know her and her misaligned eyes will get me eventually. It keeps me up at nights.

Tue May 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Spot, your dreams are the stuff of screenwriters. Perhaps not "A" list screenwriters, but still.

Just.... Dayum.

Ken...

Tue May 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Repoman: Where do you live?

Spot: Wanna share any slutty secrets?

elduave: Gotta stop eating s*it at 7-11. It will kill you eventually!

- ed

PS: Where did I put my neck eye?........

Tue May 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks Jeff. SB2's are comfy!

Ed-I know! I know! I will do better tomorrow, promise.

Wed May 26, 2010 2:43 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Repoman: Where do you live?

Zapco - I'm in GA.

Thu May 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Spot wrote:Man, I had weird dreams last night as well. I dreamt that Shannen Doherty and I were dating again. We broke it off years ago before I met my wife but I still dream about her once in a while. Everyone says she’s kind of a bi*ch, and she is, but it started out as a physical thing and pretty much stayed a physical thing. Eventually I had to dump her because of her misaligned eyes. :crazy: I told her it was because I couldn’t deal with her being a star and all but it was the eye.

Maybe it’s not such a big thing but her right eye is 1 centimeter lower than the left and that always freaked me out a little. The whole time we were going out I could never look her straight in the face without getting weirded out a little. The worst was when she would have her head noticeably cocked to the left but both her eyes were dead-nuts even. Anyway, in my dreams her left eye is where it normally is but her right eye is actually on her neck and she’s chasing me around my yard with a gas powered weed eater. In my dream I know it’s not my weed eater berceuse mine is next to impossible to start. Then I run in to the garage to hide but Tori Spelling pops out from behind the door swinging a croquet mallet and I barely escape with all my teeth. As I’m running out of the garage I trip and fall like every girl being chased in every horror movie ever made and just as Shannen is about to slice me into little pieces she sees Tori Spelling and goes after her. A vicious cat fight ensues and I make my escape. But as I’m running away Shannen’s neck eye looks over at me and paralyzes me with fear. I lay there quivering like a scared baby rabbit in a snake cage for about two full minutes then Shannen emerges for the garage covered with Tori blood from head to toe. She glares at me with her neck eye and swings the weed eater towards me but at the last second it runs out of gas. I instinctively jump up and punch her in the neck giving her a black eye. Then I turn and run away screaming like a little girl, running down the street at top speed. I look back and Shannen is knawling on Tori’s skull content for the moment but I know her and her misaligned eyes will get me eventually. It keeps me up at nights.

This is the best story since we had one from good ol' Dwasifar!

That's a great dream and it should be made into a music video.
I don't give a rat's ass what song, I just want to see this produced and on the screen! Great stuff, Spot. I hope you get to write speeches in your nameless Gov't agency. A creative mind is a terrible thing, or something like that.