Lunch Report, 5/24/10

Mon May 24, 2010 3:44 am

Long time, first time. I'll be on the road all day today but promise to share the details of my lunch, very likely @ a 7-11, as soon as I get home tonight. Thank you for this honor!

Re: Lunch Report, 5/24/10

Mon May 24, 2010 3:15 pm

OK, out working my second job today, cleaning pools. Bought a sub at the MacArthur Blvd. Safeway in Washington, DC. The sub was a Great Western (turkey, pepper jack/chipotle dressing, lettuce, tomato, on cheddar split crust bread). Also, a bag of Rold Gold pretzels and a Diet Pepsi. Was just OK. I do believe Southworth guitars was once across the street from this Safeway.

Am I doing this right?

8-)

Mon May 24, 2010 5:11 pm

elduave wrote:. I do believe Southworth guitars was once across the street from this Safeway.

Forgive the out-of-towner, but what happened to Southworth guitars? Was it one of those mom and pop stores that fell victim to the big chains - IMHO its sad to see the demise of the smaller retailers. We don't actually have any of those Guitar Center type chains here in Aus but the smaller stores have gradually been replaced by the larger corporate operations Or did Southworth just move on to bigger and better premises?

cheers, Robbie.

Mon May 24, 2010 5:15 pm

that sub sounds pretty tasty, diet pop though, booo :P

Mon May 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Hey. I used to go to work in DC every day by Metro. Got old after a few years.

I may be dating myself, but I can remember when Olney was just a gas station and lunch counter along Georgia avenue. Man, how things have changed!

I'm going to have to drop by your store someday. I want a nice amp. What have you got? Send me a private message if you get something used and interesting someday. What the heck did CCR use to amplify on their old records. I want that sound! - ed

Mon May 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Aussie-Southworth spent many years in Bethesda, MD after the DC location. Certainly one of the top stops in the country for high dollar vintage. They've closed the brick and mortar and I believe they reside online now.

Sirmyghin-I get the diet soda thing, but honestly, once you start drinking diet, the non diet is just too high octane. I have no delusions that I'm watching my figure or anything. :)

Zapcosongs-Yup, Olney, MD is STILL developing. We actually had a really nice concert event in the parking lot yesterday. It's kind of a circle of life thing, I used to report to the pool service gig 20 years ago in Olney, and that's where the store ended up, and now I'm back at the pool job 'cause owning a ma n pa music store 'aint gettin' me a pool if you know what I mean. Hope to see you someday. GBL's own Bassman pops in every now and then. As far as amps, it's basically Orange or Behringer for us.

Enough of that, lest I pimp. See y'all for lunch tomorrow!

Mon May 24, 2010 7:14 pm

elduave wrote:
Sirmyghin-I get the diet soda thing, but honestly, once you start drinking diet, the non diet is just too high octane. I have no delusions that I'm watching my figure or anything. :)

Indeed, I am a water and or coffee, gatorade in the morning and after particularly brutal workouts. All that sugar though, yeah it will get you ever time I understand.

Tue May 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Myself, I rarely drink soda...maybe one or two a week. I'm more of a hot drink guy, not matter what time of year...of course it's cold in our office year round, but I don't think that would matter too much. But I generally have a thermos of my wife's home roasted coffee in the morning, then tea in the afternoon...and I drink both black, so no sugar.