View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Lunch Report 9-2-16, TGIF and Happy Labor Day Weekend! 

Post Lunch Report 9-2-16, TGIF and Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Early lunch report, probably no lunch as I'll be on the road to meet some friends, may stop for a craft beer on the way.

G&L Topic:

Okay, I don't really have a topic. Share anything about G&L. Could be something you like, something you are the hunt for, could be something like see changed, could be artists you like that play G&Ls, maybe someone that should play a G&L, pictures...

I just don't get way so many people say G&Ls have ugly headstocks. On other forums I'll read things like I they sound good but that ugly headstock, could never play one. To be honest, I think the G&L headstocks look much better than headstocks on FMIC. The snake head headstock of a telecaster is about the ugliest headstock I've seen. Then there are the other way to pointing headstocks on other brands. While my SC-3 is hanging on the wall the headstock looks big to me, when I pay it, it doesn't seem so. Even the new SC-2 don't seem big when I'm playing them. I like the hook or *it or whatever you want to call it. I think G&Ls headstocks look GOOD! Actually, I would let headstock shape keep me from buying guitar. If it plays good, feels good, and looks mostly good it good for me. I'm sure I have my ugly points, so why should I hold it against a guitar.

Old advertising:

Blurry washed out picture of my string family:

A better picture when my ASAT Claasic S was being finished at the factory.

Music Topic:

Ok, not really a topic. Poi Dog Pondering have been my favorite band for quite some time. Discovered them during their Austin, TX years. Back then I would have described them as Bohemian street band / art folk. As a band they have evolved a lot and broadened the genre they cover. As Frank would say, "Follow your heart, follow your heart..." So back in 2003 they cam out with In Seed Comes Fruit. This happened to be one of those albums that took a while for me to warm up to. It was more techno / electronica / dance influenced. But I have really grown to like this album. Here is one of the saong they performed on Fox news in the morning.

phpBB [video]

So share something music related. Anything of your choice...

Other Topic:

What you doing this weekend? I'm cooking out, drinking some beers, meeting some friends and probably have bonfire where will will sit around and play some guitar. Time to relax from my labors or labours :mrgreen:

Be safe everyone! Peace, Dan

I made it! Made it through the week!

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:24 am

Post Re: Lunch Report 9-2-16, TGIF and Happy Labor Day Weekend!
This post needs at least one reply...that last week flew by.

WitSok wrote:
Share anything about G&L.

There's a G&L on ebay (search for G&L mystery employee), I really like the blue stain
rock maple look...here's pics from the auction. Are there other examples out there?

I dabble in Techno groove appreciation at times. I was driving a van load of fresh bread to the greenwood bakery at about 2:00 in the morning under a starry summer night...200+ loaves steaming up the windows of the little van :rolleyes: part of my daily..er nightly routine,
...anyway...this came on the radio...I love hearing killer tunes for the first time.
phpBB [video]

It still makes me happy
:banana:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:57 am

Post Re: Lunch Report 9-2-16, TGIF and Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Wow, that is a beautiful G&L! I know they have been dabbling in painted necks. But I don't recall many stained necks.

Great groove to that track. Can see why it makes you happy. Definately could keep me going at 2:00 am!

So the other day I noticed a sweet Tangerine Metallic Comanche on G&L's Facebook. The was a comment that G&L should hook up with the band Tangerine, that they play an SC-2, Fallout, and Legacy. So looked them up. This KEXP session has four tracks. First has a killer bass part. This would certainly fit the bill at times. The SC-2 and Legacy are in action in this session:

phpBB [video]

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]