Lunch Report for Aug. 18, 2016

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi All,

Yes, it's that time. Yes. I'm going there. Yes, I just ate lunch.

General Guitar Stuff:

One of our toilet seats developed a major cosmetic issue, in that the plastic coating covering the toilet seat has lifted and come off the seat. In a REALLY bad location. So my wife had me swap out the toilet seat. So I was thinking: What do I do with the toilet seat now? I know!!!!! I have seen pix of people who turned toilet seats into guitars. So that's what I will do. My wife's response was mumble that I had too much time on my hands. Not that she's wrong.

This is my future, crappy sounding, toilet guitar. With the exception of the neck, I think that I can build this with materials I already have about the house.

The other thing I have to figure out is how to drill into the toilet seat with out breaking it, and then inserting screws. Or maybe nuts & bolts,

The seat becomes the back of the guitar, and the bottom of the seat is the part that people will see.

I am trying to decide between Esquire single pup, or a full Tele pup set up. If I go full bore, then it would be a Tele Toilet. Or Toilet Tele. I can't make up my mind.

G&L stuff:

I got nothing. I was not planning this, so I have no pix or thoughts after yesterday.

Todays Lunch:

Tuna left over from yesterday, on a sourdough roll. I bought 6 of the rolls, so I have to eat them.

Re: Lunch Report for Aug. 18, 2016

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:11 pm

Hey Ed,

I've seen the toilet guitars before interested to see how yours turns out. Number of pups depends on if you need to go #1 or #2 :evilgrin: You could glue a support on then screw the neck on maybe.

G&L stuff , hmm with today's post about the MF Tribby with alnico pups (which I can't find), what would you like to see the G&L boys offer as a Tribute, or to see if it could go USA standard production? I would like to see a limited edition Tribby Esquire or Z2 with a 12" radius. Probably not happening but Darth could make it happen.

Sourdough does hold its own for a few days. ;)

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Maybe you could score a gig at THIS CAFE once the 'dunny-caster' is up and running!

sam wrote:G&L stuff , hmm with today's post about the MF Tribby with alnico pups (which I can't find), what would you like to see the G&L boys offer as a Tribute, or to see if it could go USA standard production?

How about an SC-3 Tribute? Or adding the SC-3 to the regular USA lineup? I've been playing my SC-2 a lot this last week (since the LR where they were mentioned) and finally bonded with it and the MFD pickups. A third pickup would be sweet.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:50 am

Lunch was a couple hotdogs and a banana.

Toilet seat guitar, never seen one of those...

SCs YES! I would love to see the banana control plate come back on the SC-2. Adding a SC-3 back in would be nice.

Dan

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:33 am

guitar_ed wrote:This is my future, crappy sounding, toilet guitar. With the exception of the neck, I think that I can build this with materials I already have about the house.

"Crappy" sounding guitar? I see what you did there, and I like it.

Instead of of toilet guitar how about the guitar toilet?
http://www.jamminjohns.com/home/

And to Sam's question....I've always thought the ASAT Deluxe semi-hollow was a gap in the Tribute line. They've got solid and semi-hollow version of all the other ASATs.

Lunch was a bowl of quinoa with veggies and a bit of chicken. Desert was some M&Ms.

Jeff

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:26 pm

How about a limited edition Tribute version of this

For the Seahawks fans among us.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:51 pm

I've thought about a G&L Seahawk guitar. I'm not a huge sports fan but I grew up in Seattle so something soaked in.

It would have to be "The Z-Hawk" . :alright: Right?
Two Z-coils,and probably should be available as a 12 string to keep with the #12 theme.
Made with NW maple of course.

Anyone remember the Datsun Z-Hawk? Maybe there would be a trademark conflict...

Ed,
You should get a real wood seat for your build, it'll be way cooler. You could use that one for an Aeolian window for
your outhouse :think: ...

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:40 pm

now were getting somewhere, as much as I like Seattle, how about limited run and pick your team?

repoman, I would like to see a tribby ASAT Special semi hollow. Don't recall ever seeing this as an option. :searching:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:31 pm

sam wrote:now were getting somewhere, as much as I like Seattle, how about limited run and pick your team?

repoman, I would like to see a tribby ASAT Special semi hollow. Don't recall ever seeing this as an option. :searching:

G&L did offer a Tribute ASAT Semi-Hollow from 2004-2009. Here's one of the 24 in the G&L Registry: NGD - Tribute ASAT Semi-Hollow!.

I vote for a Tribute G-200 with a 24.75" set-neck, the correct body style and a powder-coated Saddle-Lock bridge. Maybe add a Tribute G-200 Semi-Hollow, too. :alright:

:ugeek:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Fender did some MLB MIM Strats a few years ago.

Some Tribute G&L NFL guitars would be awesome.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:41 pm

Craig you do know what we all want! Since you have "contacts" over at G&L world, I definitely vote for the G-200 in both options!! Just let us know they're coming.