Should we continue with the Weekly Lunch Reports?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:01 pm

Yes
74%
No
26%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes : 23

Early post for Wednesday Lunch Report: April 28, 2010

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Oh well, Tuesday's Open Mic Lunch Report was a bust :yawn:
Thanks to Darwin and those who responded to his late Monday Lunch Report :thumbup:

Perhaps it's time for a little poll regarding the Weekly Lunch Reports.

Re: Early post for Wednesday Lunch Report: April 28, 2010

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 pm

One data point does not maketh a trend...

Sayeth the eternal optimist.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:07 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:One data point does not maketh a trend....

Got to agree. Traffic on this board seems to be way off from the old board, so the LR's are going to be pretty thin. I think if the board gets a bit more consolidated and if things can pick up around here, it'll be just like the old days......kinda, sorta.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:28 am

I would like to see the LRs continue.
It has been very busy for me at work lately.
We are dealing with severe budget cuts and I have to pick up a lot of new work so I will not be able to participate as much as I used to here.

I also think that a lot of workplaces are monitoring internet access more closely.

Its hard to post when you think Big Brother is watching!

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:38 am

The LR Reports are a tradition, so yeah, I'd like to see them continue.
Yes, traffic is a bit light as of late, but I hate to see them go.

I've been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest the last couple of days, so I haven't been able to participate. I'd have jumped in to the open mic, if I'd have been on though.

Big Brother is indeed watching here at work, but I'm part of Big Brother, so I just don't watch myself..... :lol:

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:10 am

I voted yes as well.

In general, I'm seeing less traffic on a lot of the forums I check.

I'd bet a new guitar release would get the site buzzing again...... hint hint....

BW

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 pm

I enjoy the lunch report and being somewhat retired I often have time to look. I spent about a year and a half mostly lurking and there was enough interesting stuff to keep me entertained. Generally it seems as though many people who were posting frequently before the system change are no longer posting. I was surprised yesterday to find that many of them are posting under some other topic. Previously we saw everything that was posted and now they are under many categories. It appears that the LRs are getting more than 100 hits a day but there are not many who have anything to say. I agree that many people in the work place are reluctant to watch this web site due to internet activity being watched. Also workers today have more demands put on them. I think that a yes/no poll may be an indicator but maybe a more in depth poll may in order to determine what viewers are looking for from this board. I have noticed that many have mention a consolidation of topics as an improvement. Change is not always comfortable but I am finding different ways to view unread, or unanswered or new posts only. I happen to love technical topics but others do things that I would never think of and that makes it interesting. There is only so much technical stuff to cover. After all, MrRoundel made a confession one day that I enjoyed and he also tipped the hat a bit on GAS, Bassman, Bogie Bill and many others have shared tips that save us time or clarify things. :confused0007: I continue to see beautiful guitars. Just yesterday I found the Bass Forum that Ken Baker participates in and found it interesting as heck. Others have almost duked it out on this board. :fighting0030: I enjoy this board , and am concerned about what seems a lack of participation but maybe we are misled. I posted way more than I intended to. Sorry folks. :thumbup: Have a great day--- Darwin

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:13 pm

I have been seriously slammed with work for the past few months, not necessarily a bad thing. I try to read the lunch report every day but usually either don't have anything to add or not enough time to write a thoughtful response. I would like the lunch reports to continue as well. I have learned a lot and its also interesting to hear what other G&L owners are up to or on their mind, even if it doesn't have to do with guitars. the lack of responses is not necessarily a bad thing to me (thought not sure if this was the issue) I, for one, am not inclined to read pages and pages of responses to a post-maybe every great once in a while but that's why I usually don't check other sites, I like the smallness of this community. Even if we are not responding, we are reading.

And I love BW's idea...new guitars would get folks chatting.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Like many here, I'd like to see the Lunch Reports continue, but I'm also very busy lately and have little time to read and/or post anything other than a few tidbits here and there, let alone carry on the LR duties. Granted, the traffic flow has seemed quite slow here, but I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:47 pm

I'd love to see them carry on as well. Like others...this month has been a killer at work. So when I get home and get the kids fed and in bed...it's almost too late to reply to the LR. I'm sure if you ask...someone will step up.