Independence Day Weekend Lunch Report

Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:45 am

"Lunch" 1 Lite Dr. Pepper and a double Snickers, total calorie count: 890. Yeah, I know. Leave me alone.

G&L Question: I am having my SC-2 "Super" and my LE-2 fitted with series to parallel push-pull. I have this on my Jazzblaster and I love it. What Mod or personalization have you done to your axe that you find invaluable?

Non-G&L Question: My wife is a direct descendant from one of our founding fathers, Roger Sherman, so our family is mindful of the history and significance of the day. What does "July 4th" mean to you?

Re: Independence Day Weekend Lunch Report

Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Hey Jag thanks or stepping in!

Can't say how many times that has been my lunch. Lunch of champions! :alright:

4 way switch for series and parallel options is my go to.

4th is a mix of beach fireworks food and family !! :happy0065:

Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:03 pm

sam wrote:4 way switch for series and parallel options is my go to.

I would love to go with a 4 way blade, but the deluxe top SC-2 is already cut for a LP style 3-way. Same for the LE-2- the pg is plumbed for a 3 way toggle, so push pull pots it is!

Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:51 pm

JagInTheBag wrote: What Mod or personalization have you done to your axe that you find invaluable?

I usually change a tone knob to a blend pot to balance the neck and bridge . That way I can dial in the sweet spot depending on the amp/cab/room/etc.

Living on Native American land means for a LOOUUD fourth of july here, I can usually turn my guitar up with no complaints :thumbup:

Tim, I'm so used to seeing your ASAT's ...are there pics of the Skyhawk somewhere?
Going black on the Trinity was something I didn't expect to hear, I like it ! 8-)

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:35 am

Hope you all enjoy your national day!

Hey Elwood - as you might know from my last stint at the LRs I have an interest in indigenous cultures, so I was curious at your comment
Living on Native American land means for a LOOUUD fourth of july here ...
Is independence day celebrated by native Americans in the same way as it is by European Americans? Reason I'm curious is that for many indigenous Australians our national day (Australia Day on 26 January) is considered "Invasion Day". But then again maybe our Australia Day (which coincides with the arrival of the first fleet) is actually more like your Thanksgiving than it is to Independence Day which is more associated with decolonisation.

Just curious ... but either way - again I hope you all have a great day!

cheers, Robbie

Oh ... and no, I rarely (read just about never) mod guitars. I rarely buy a guitar without trying it, and if it doesn't work for me when I try it I don't buy it, and in over 40 years I've not often had a problem finding a guitar that fills the need.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:52 am

happy 4th my USA buddies !! ...... I'm having twice the fun this Happy 4th weekend

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:12 pm

happy 4th,stay safe and drink until your hitting on your wife 's best friends mom. It could happen. Just thought I would throw it out there.
My holiday was spent recoating a home. We do hardwood flooring in Chicago's north suburbs.

The only mods we have done is the refretting of three players. In two cases the fret boards were also flattened a tad. A great luthier that also tends to Buddy Guy's guitars has done the work. They are wonderful.

Other than that I am very happy the way George, Dale and Leo put these together? We are very fortunate to be playing guitars that started as dreams in these mens heads.

Outa here,

Y2kc

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:06 pm

Jag , that is officially the worst lunch ever. But I give you credit for being honest and brave .
No mods for me but I like Elwood's idea . I have never heard the bridge and neck together but I imagine it would sound smokin!
I agree with Robbie Australia Day seems a bit like invasion day .
Thanks
Anthony

Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:48 pm

That must be an '86 or so ? I see the headstock is not the christmas tree style.

Not much better than getting a nice instrument into someones hands ,
then seeing them really bond with it. Thanks for the pic Tim.
for some reason, I can't put down my Skyhawk either ; )

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am

Gotta love a good Skyhawk!

Image1987 G&L Skyhawk by ShowYourAuto!com, on Flickr

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:56 am

JagInTheBag wrote:Gotta love a good Skyhawk!

Image1987 G&L Skyhawk by ShowYourAuto!com, on Flickr

that's smoking hot !!

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Why thank you Fumble!

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Why thank you Fumble!