Lunch Report, Thursday, April 15th

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi guys,

Today I had Mongolian Beef at a local Chinese place we got to at least once a week. Nothing spectacular, it's a git 'er done meal.

Thanks for the great contributions this week. Please keep those contest ideas coming, and remember, it’s more than guitars and basses, think about contests for BBE gear too. There are a heckuva lot of BBE users, and there’s a lot of diversity out there: musicians, live sound, recording, DJ etc.

Have you entered a contest hosted by another manufacturer, or perhaps a magazine or website? Tell us about the contest and how it was conducted. It doesn’t have to be related to music products, but “enthusiast” products are probably a good source. Makers of sporting equipment, such as guns, boats, skis, golf gear have similarly passionate users. Likewise, makers of cameras such as Canon or Nikon, which serve the professional and serious enthusiast, have a passionate user base. Then there's automakers and automotive magazines and websites which have passionate, if not rabid, fans.

Since I had a fun with the “what’s in Dave’s desk” tchotchke thing yesterday, today I dug up a sheet of unused G&L Musical Products stationary paper from the Leo Era. Seems to me a G&L fan might like to have it, so here we go:

The first person to answer this question correctly wins this magnificent piece of paper:

Fender Avenue terminates at a T-junction on both ends. Name the two streets at which Fender Avenue terminates.

Here's a scan I just took of the G&L stationary:

Thanks for participating!

Dave

Re: Lunch Report, Thursday, April 15th

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:44 pm

That would be Placentia & State College.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:45 pm

DOH!...Beat me to it.

Well played Thumbs. :happy0065:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:48 pm

I've entered quite a few contests where you had to either do a video, or write a song, or something other than just enter your name. I like those type of contests because you're not just relying on chance to win. It's also very entertaining to see the other entries and see how others tackled the contest.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Thumbs wrote:That would be Placentia & State College.

Bingo. Comin' atcha, Wayne.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:06 pm

shawn500 wrote:DOH!...Beat me to it.

Well played Thumbs. :happy0065:

Dude, look at that time stamp! It's sooo close, and I do have another one of these sheets, so what the heck. I'll send you one, Shawn.

Dave

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:07 pm

shawn500 wrote:I've entered quite a few contests where you had to either do a video, or write a song, or something other than just enter your name. I like those type of contests because you're not just relying on chance to win. It's also very entertaining to see the other entries and see how others tackled the contest.

I'd love hear more about these! Would you mind having a chat offline?

Dave

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Darth Invader wrote:
shawn500 wrote:I've entered quite a few contests where you had to either do a video, or write a song, or something other than just enter your name. I like those type of contests because you're not just relying on chance to win. It's also very entertaining to see the other entries and see how others tackled the contest.

I'd love hear more about these! Would you mind having a chat offline?

Dave

Works for me!....and man, thanks for the letterhead. That's awesome!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks Dave! It was close, glad to you have more than one sheet of the letterhead. It will go nicely with my 1984 G&L Sales Binder.