Lunch Report Friday 13th, 2014 Better Late Than Never

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Lunch: Met with an old friend and had a Sirloin with Steamed Broccoli and Sweet Potato Fries

G&L Question: Friday the 13th, G&L Style - What is the most ill-fated model ever to have come out of the G&L factory? Explain your nomination.

Non-G&L Question: My friend and I got to sharing some stories of fatherly wisdom, but received as a boy and given as a father to our sons. His son is 26 now and my oldest is still 11. It lead to some great conversation. So, what is the best object lesson/advise you received from your father or conveyed to your son?

Have a great Father's Day Weekend!

~JagInTheBag

Re: Lunch Report Friday 13th, 2014 Better Late Than Never

Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Jag thanks for a full week of LRs! :happy0065: Did I say you provide a FULL WEEK of LRs?

My Friday the 13th was disastrous. I was off from work early because we have friends over from Abu Dhabi. Then we saw the Ducth thump the Spaniards 5-1 in the World Cup and we just finished an evening of sing-alongs with me playing the geetar. Like I said, pretty damn terrible ;-)

JagInTheBag wrote:G&L Question: Friday the 13th, G&L Style - What is the most ill-fated model ever to have come out of the G&L factory? Explain your nomination.

My nomination goes to the ill-fated 2004 ASAT Classic Bluesboy mahogany. Instead of a SD Seth Lover in the neck it has an SD SH-1. On paper, given the mahogany body, that should have been a fine choice But in combination with the ASAT Classic MFD in the bridge, the sound is terribly unbalanced between the pickups. Tim Page did a fine job selecting the Seth Lover for the Bluesboy proper which is a way better pickup together with the MFD.

Have a great Father's Day weekend too.

- Jos

Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:34 pm

My pleasure to take on LR duties for a full week. Certainly more satisfying than being pissed off at all the inane and polarizing Facebook feed crud that people find "shareworthy". I enjoy the conversations LR posts tend to spark.

Jos- I wish all of your days to be as "disastrous" as your 13th was. ;)

You comment on the hog ASAT being mis-matched to the bridge brings up a question I posted elsewhere, I will restate here for your benefit. What is your opinion on how Z-coil pickups will sound with a Mahogany Semi-Hollow Comanche body compared to the standard solid Ash?

Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:00 am

Hey Jos,
Love a day like that . I could not believe my eyes watching that Football game. It wasn't quite revenge but it was close.You reminded me of a stop in Amsterdam when I was young and the Dutch made us Australians honoury Dutchmen because you were playing the Germans . Incredible experience .
I can't remember my Dad giving me advice but he always led by example.
Enjoyed the week Jag , thanks