Lunch Report June9th, 2014 Soup is Good Food

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:04 am

I guess I'll take over Lunch Reporter duties this week. I'll be working from home all week as the daycare lady is on vacation for the week. :shock:

Lunch: Lunch today was Campbell's HomeStyle Chicken and Wild Rice, two toasted peanut butter and strawberry preserves, and a cup of coffee.

The G&L Topic of the day: Is their any technology, e.g. paint finish techniques, robo tuning, transducer pickups, etc. that you'd like to see G&L incorporating into their guitar models?

The Non-G&L Topic of the day: I have an extensive Hot Wheels collection, though I have not added to it in years. For the G&L collectors in the group, do you collect anything aside from Guitars and or related gear?

Re: Lunch Report June9th, 2014 Soup is Good Food

Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:40 am

I had a quesadilla and coleslaw (again) for lunch.

I am missing soup, just asked my better half, when we are going out for PHO, I love it.

As far as G&L goes, I'd like to see them start to use dyes on their woods, I think that would be interesting. I am lusting after an S500-deluxe and a dye on that top would be interesting. Must restrain myself.

Not any other hobbies as far as collecting goes, but I am a computer guy and have lots around. Mostly cleared them out now, but have 5 macs, 2 iPads, iPhone, a ton of iPods, etc. I do networking so have the house rigged up pretty good and have access points everywhere.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:29 pm

I just had PHO for the first time three months ago . It was very good.

I like G&L finishes but I would like to see a bass in that flip flop finish that reflects different colors depending on the light angle.

I collect tube radios although my radio collection has been at a standstill for about a year, I am on the lookout for anything old and interesting.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:25 pm

I had 1/2 Club sandwich and a bowl of Chili

How bout 24 fret Invader sounds good with a little more hand room ???

maybe a seven string saddle lock guitar ??

30th Aniversary Broadcaster sound good ??

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:28 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:I had 1/2 Club sandwich and a bowl of Chili

I love it!

What else would you change in the Invader to make it a real shredmaster?

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:20 pm

There isn't any new technology that I'd like to see on G&Ls, but I am still waiting for a G-200 re-issue.

I don't have any other collections going at the moment. Before the G&L bug bit me, I collected and restored antique hand planes. It wasn't the kind of organized madness I've been drawn into with early G&Ls, though. I just bought a lot of them on eBay in hopes of finding some keepers that I could use while building furniture.

Ken

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:33 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:
Fumble fingers wrote:I had 1/2 Club sandwich and a bowl of Chili

I love it!

What else would you change in the Invader to make it a real shredmaster?

For the Invader , make sure the body cut outs and route allow easy access to the 24th upper fret ( Climax had thin contour by the neck) that was cool

I would buy a 30 anniversary Broadcaster if it looked the same and sounded reasonably close to the original with medium jumbo fret option from the old style low/wide .... I would order one right now , maybe have Darth's signature in the neck pocket :)

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:18 pm

Medium drip coffee and an apple pastry at an espresso shop for brunch was it today.

I would like to see guitar finishes covered with relatively indestructible clear coat. I like the satin finished necks on G&L's though. Maybe there is a quantum leap in finish technology coming that doesn't alter what we get now except for making it indestructible.

I don't collect anything unless you count things purchased that I have not gotten around to using enough. Some of those things collect dust so this might count as two collections. :think:

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Hey Jag in the Bag
I like Alf's idea of a dyed top. I remember a guitar shop in Sydney that had about 2 dozen Fender Wild woods in it in the 80's
I hear you Ken about the G-200. Why wait for a reissue of the mighty G-200 . Just buy everyone you see now. I'm not sure how close a reissue will be compared to an original .Do G&L even have the old Mahogany the originals had?
A gibson reissue is nothing like a real 59 Les Paul. Some master built Fenders are close but it's a hard business - the reissue one .
I try only buy stuff that I will use and one guitar collection is enough .
Although I would like to start collecting girlfriends :happy0007:

Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Hey Jag,
I just watched the GBL LE 2, good stuff .
Can you please tell me about the metal flake option . What colours are offered ?
Thanks
Anthony

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 am

Cheese and crackers and veggies for lunch today, soup sounds good to me.

Things G&L could add? Piezo bridge pup would be fun. Even though am no shredder, maybe the G&L boys should add a 7 stringer to bring some of those players into the family. Finishes could include paisley,or if the process has been improved, the old swirl finish.

I used to collect comic books and baseball cards. Still get complete baseball card set each year and occasional cards but not so much anymore.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:54 am

I like the concept of the PTB circuit with a mid boost. I modded my Legacy with a Clapton board that I can switch in and out (I have no use for a dead guitar so it has to have the passive option) and it is FUN! :alright:

Salmon, I see that dust collection and raise you two. Decided to dust off my motorcycle for a ride and the ignition switch is bad. Waiting on a part.... :(

I tried collecting my wits about me but haven't been too successful. :rolleyes: Guess I'll sit back and start collecting my thoughts instead. :happy0007:

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:28 am

LeoF The Champion wrote:Hey Jag,
I just watched the GBL LE 2, good stuff .
Can you please tell me about the metal flake option . What colours are offered ?
Thanks
Anthony

It began as being only available with Autumn burst. Your fellow GbL'ers quickly broke that mold when they went to order. All premium finishes are available for no extra charge, and flake finishes are available at the normal upcharge. I'd call Bob over at Music Source, he can price one out and place the order for you. Let me know if you snag one!

~JagInTheBag

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:43 am

I collect vintage yardsticks. Started about 30 years ago and have a few. Each stick represents a small business from a better time. Anyone have one out in the garage or in the basement? I find them interesting for several reasons.

y2kc