Tuesday 21 Jan Road warrior

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:13 pm

[url=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/anthonymburke/media/Liamscamera319_zpsf672c3a0.jpg.html][img]
[URL=http://s1292.photobucket

The Gibson I posted yesterday is one amazing guitar. But they have never been able to build a bass even one quarter as good as this baby. Just the most massive sounding Bass.
I would love to hear Family man from Bob Marley's band the Wailers play it. A bit of Trivia Familly man fathered more than 50 kids . YES!!!
I wish it could talk

Boring old lunch for me . Tuna and cheese on wholemeal bread.
I really should give a new G&L a try. But I always buy 2nd hand. I amuse myself sometimes ,I tell people I am frugul with some things so I can be extravagant on others.

What is your weakness? Mine is my addictive personality. All or nothing with me. Another saying is "careful what you start." Well I have to be anyway

Does anyone know how many guitars G&L produce daily?

All the best,

Anthony

Re: Tuesday 21 Jan Road warrior

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:31 am

Anthony, I did something different today. I made a nice breakfast so the next will be dinner.

Very nice L2k. What year is it. They are tone monsters. 50 kids?? I'll bet he didn't babysit all of them!

I started buying some new Fneders, then started looking for used. Most of my guitars have been used. I then broke my rule and have 10 new G&Ls. I will never recover my investment financially but the investment is much more than the monetary value. They are good for the soul!

My weakness would be when I try something new, I generally do a lot of research and then convince myself to not cut corners and often get better than I would need. I try to prevent having to upgrade. With electronics and recording equipment that is a weak argument as everything is outdated in a year or two anyhow. I intend to keep my recording gear as long as I will need it. The question is how long will cds' be around. I have no idea. It will not be long before hard drives are a thing of the past as there are some solid state rigs out now although they are still expensive. Thank for the early report Anthony.

As for G&L build, I would guess about 2500 American units per year. That is based on the serial number spread of my recent models.-- Darwin

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:16 pm

That bass is rugged looking - like you could chop down a forest with it. Very cool!

50 kids? I will reserve some of my comments but it brings to mind a billboard I saw in the Bahamas - "Protect ya tings mon. Wear a rubber everytime." :evilgrin:

Too many weaknesses to mention - impulsive for one. Too many toys that require too much maintenance with not enough time to enjoy them. Wayyy too many hobbies. :crazy:

I am not sure that last time I used a CD Darwin. I would bet that most young people don't even own CD players. Technology is fleeting at best. Just make your decision and don't look back because it is obsolete when you get it.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:37 pm

I like buying my G&Ls used. They are already good values, but when you find a nice, well-cared for guitar that you get a good deal on, well that just makes a good guitar even sweeter.

My weakness, other than women, is that I suffer from inertia. When I get going, I am an almost unstoppable force. But sometimes, it's a little hard for me to just get moving. And I procrastinate.

And I hoard guitars!!! :D

Bill

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:58 am

I loved your blonde 335 from yesterday's post, but i love your 82-83 L-2000 more! That one looks like the black one that I am using in my avatar.

That bass is definitely a workhorse and it blows away anything that Gibson has traditionally made, but they do have a new EB bass which has two humbuckers that look like MFD pickups! I haven't tried one yet so I will qualify my statement a bit until I do but it looks like they copied G&L to sty relevant in the bass market.

On the Louis situation: I had some reservations about the guy. We have a policy of no discussions of religion or politics and yet he would go into rants about his non-religious beliefs and how he would convert anyone to his way of thinking after a session or two.
That in my mind was discussing religion from a negative point of view. Clearly no one could defend their religious beliefs
without running afoul of the policy.
The other issue with the guy was that he dominated anyone who posted here and I don't think that's healthy for a discussion board.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:47 am

Beautiful L-2000! A beautiful example of my favorite era of G&L.