lunch Reporter December 31, 2013

Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:33 pm

Happy end of 2013! Glad to see it go, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

I have to make this short on a count that we have a little storm action outside (snow and Ice) and I have just run out of cat food . The two black cats don't like it when we run out of tasty morsels so I am going to get in my little ford pickup and slide down the road.

G&L Talk: I find in random guitar forum chatter that G&L's worldwide reputation is really at a highpoint.People find the offerings from G&L to be several steps above whats currently on the market in similar price ranges. G&L is becoming the standard that people now use in judging bolt on neck guitars.

G&L question: Do you think G&L should send me one of every model they make to "test" and not return?. I say yes.

Pictures today include a very bright SC-3 that needs to be set up and played, A featherweight Rampage with a Leo fine tune term and two pictures from my trip to Kalamazoo last August. Those are bolt on bodies from the 1980's stored in Heritage's paint department.

I have to go get cat food. The cats have a look in their eye's that I have seen before and I know what will happen if I don't get my butt out of here.

Stay safe if you are gigging or just going out to ring in the new year. Toast one for Leo tonight!

y2kc

[thumb=]Image[/thumb]
[thumb=]Image[/thumb]
[thumb=]Image[/thumb]
[thumb=]Image[/thumb]

Re: lunch Reporter December 31, 2013

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:42 am

That's a nice looking Rampage! Is it black or purple? It looks purple in the picture.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Sprinter,

That guitar is purple!

Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Casey,

Love the yellow sc-3, always wanted a yellow guitar. Gotta let you know G&L, is sending each model to me for testing. :lol:

As far as increased forum chatter I too have noticed more but could be because I am looking for it more. Not sure our favorite guitars will become the standard, based on pure numbers from other manufacturers ( two in particular) but that could keep them in our hands :thumbup:

Happy New Year

Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:08 pm

I'm mighty encouraged by Casey's insight that G&L's reputation is gaining strength.

The guitar business has become infested with insecurity and BS, progressively entrenched since the early-1970's turning point when instrument quality went into a decline and the whole vintage thing got established.
Modern guitars are, surely, the best value we've ever seen. And G&Ls are indeed a cut above. They're expensive here in England, but no more so than a team-build CS Fender, and I know which I'd rather have. I won't be buying any Fenders unless some catastrophe / buyout castrates G&L's standards, options and designs.

I'm amazed at comments to the effect that G&L have below-par pro credentials.

Aerosmith and Peter Green (!) alone would alert most aware players to the fact that G&L make seriously good'uns. How long a list does anyone need? One massively successful, iconic rock band and one super-tasteful, huge-hearted, poetic, expressive musician, are somehow not enough?? And a good look at the full published list is interesting reading (although if I were at a marketing desk, I might have have trimmed it some).

The distorted perspective has more to do with music-hobby magazines than the reality of the guitars.

But perhaps G&L should review their awareness of marketing (directed to the people who will most want their exceptional products) and distribution?
Their core standards are unusually strong. Let's hope they can keep it this way.