Lunch Report for Thursday March 25th 2010

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:11 am

Good Thursday to ya! Oooops just edited to the right date...D'oh!

Lunch Today: There's a great Mexican place here called " 9 Beans and a Burrito".
The owner has two or three locations and has a great business.
A couple times a week he has a thing called "Chicken Chipotle"
Holy cats is that good. It's very slightly sweet like a Mole sauce.
The big chunks of chicken have been simmering for hours so it is hot and smokey
through and through. Served with rice and beans and home made tortillas
all for about $6. Goooood eats!

Question of the Day: Ever get to play with somebody famous?
Me...not so much. Our local JUCO has a great jazz program and brings in some great players
for clinics and such, but not really known outside of jazz circles. I guess the only name jazz guys I've played a little with would be
trumpet player Bobby Shew and Bones Malone, from the Letterman show,
and I pretty much hacked up both opportunities.

G & L Content: Pic of the Day....This is of my Legacy when it had a Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Solo at the bridge for more gain.
Back to stock now and sounds just killer.

Last edited by jazzrat on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Lunch Report for March 24th 2010

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:29 am

I once got to play with Pete Townsend which was great. A guy I was at uni with (who has a mature student) had known him for years and got him to come along to a weekly jazz jam. At the time Pete had hearing trouble so was only playing acoustic. But it was great.
I did get to play with John McLaughlin but that was more of a masterclass I learned a lot that day!
Non guitarists I've played with Courtney Pine a couple of times.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:40 am

Wow Will, I'm a Sting fan, this is cool! Good on ya!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:25 am

Pete and Sting!
Man, can't really top that. Most of the guys that I've played with are local blues cats that are big in the local blues community, but not really nationally known. Some, like like Tabby Thomas, and Chicago Al, are pretty well known inthe the national blues scene.

I've had the pleasure of opening for Mike Watt, who's huge in the indie scene.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:31 am

I love Mexican food. I don't eat as much of it as I used to, but still love it. My brother cooks great Mexican food, and has made mole sauce, along with lots of other good stuff. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to get the invite to indulge. I do hear that many of the dishes are a lot of work.

I've never played with anyone famous. My ex-wife used to always say that true musicians speak their own language, perhaps even live in a parallel universe. Considering this, I hope that someday I progress beyond speaking "broken musician", and they'll actually know I'm here. Maybe if I just speak a little louder? :confused0077:

Re: Lunch Report for Thursday March 25th 2010

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:43 pm

D'oh! just realized that I titled this the report the 24th!!! What a putz! Sorry