Leo's Greatest Hits

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:11 pm

I posted this on the old site but I have an update. Basically I am combining all of Leo's best inventions in one guitar, IMHO

Guitar started as a 1999 AVRI Fender Jaguar which I think is the most comfy guitar and coolest looking guitar.
It has the best trem system that Leo made (might add a real vintage unit later)
A Mastery Bridge was added and it gets great overtones from behind the birdge that is one of the nicest quarks.

But now I am fitting it with soapbar MFD pickups. I still need to route the guitar and wire the pups in, but all the other wiring is done.

I got a custom pickguard made by Pickguardian using the closest thing to vintage tort.

Re: Leo's Greatest Hits

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:43 am

Very cool!
I love the trems on those Jaguars and Jazzmasters. Very smooth.
I bet it's going to sound killer with those MFD's.

When you get it ready to go, record a little something so we can hear. :elguitar054:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 am

Nice looking Jag... Looking to pick one up one someday to go with my Jazzmaster.
Not sure I would modify her. But have fun, and keep us updated on the progress.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Well, its routed. So the hard part is over. Hopefully UPS will drop off the pickups on Monday and I can get it together.

And then deciede to use the white or vintage cream covers.

I am going with the stock knobs too, no more white witchats, those are on my Strat now.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:42 pm

That looks killer! I've always wanted to do something like that.....I like it.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:55 pm

It sounds more like a Jag than I thought, showing how there is much more that determines the sound. I still have lots of setup and tweeks to do. But it definitely has the beef now.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Funny how these MFD's look completely comfortable being in a Jag. Almost like they should have been there from the get-go ;)

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:07 am

Cool, I've been thinking of a baritone with MFD's but with Jaguar wiring.
I bet she sounds awesome.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 am

Cool Idea, I like how she turned out. I'd love to hear a tone report once you have her dialed in.

Lates,

Connor

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Well, this has standard G&L wiring. Jaguar wiring is gone

A clip
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/t/g/tgw5006/MFD.mp3