From ASAT Classic to Bluesboy

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Here's an ASAT Classic that I had modded. It's a Fralin '57 Humbucker in the neck and a Seymour Duncan Jerry Donohue Special in the bridge. I also had the Bigsby added along with the tune-o-matic bridge.

RickT

Re: From ASAT Classic to Bluesboy

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Hey Rick,

Very nice! Now you have me thinking of the same mod for one of mine. The JD bridge pup is sweet, I learned all about it with my parts JD.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:37 am

RickT wrote:Here's an ASAT Classic that I had modded. It's a Fralin '57 Humbucker in the neck and a Seymour Duncan Jerry Donohue Special in the bridge. I also had the Bigsby added along with the tune-o-matic bridge.

RickT

Thats over the top
Well done

Craig

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:20 am

Hi,

very nice guitar RickT!

I'm taking the opportunity to ask people about putting a humbucker in the neck position in my asat classic.
The problem I REALLY love the sound of my axe for rythm but when solo time comes, I'd like a biggest sound. I must say I play modern rock thought marshall JVM.
So I was thinking of maybe putting the seth lover in the neck, but i'm afraid to lose a good middle position sound, because I love it...
Here's my dilema...
Maybe another humbucker or a p90, but I'm also afraid of the sound of the middle position...

Thanks for helping ;)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:32 am

You solo with your neck pickup? now that is just odd.

Very nice mods Rick, looks good.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:16 pm

It depends, sometimes I use the bridge pickup too for soloing.
You never use the neck pickup for solo sirmyghin?

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:40 pm

RickT, that is an awesome guitar. I am going to put a Bigsby on my Classic S soon. The guy who did yours did it right!-- Darwin

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:31 pm

right...

maybe should I post somewhere else lol

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:00 pm

Very nice, Rick. I bet it sounds killer. I really want a Bigsby equipped ASAT...

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:10 pm

djyne wrote:It depends, sometimes I use the bridge pickup too for soloing.
You never use the neck pickup for solo sirmyghin?

Not often, I generally opt for the bite and cut of the bridge over the warmth and looseness of the neck.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:35 pm

That is officially too cool. Wish I could hear it.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:12 pm

sirmyghin wrote:You solo with your neck pickup? now that is just odd.

... 8-) there any number of situations where soloing on the neck pickup is the thing to do, esp. IMO on a guit like the Bluesboy with the Seth Lover there....

conventions like bridge pickups are for solos, neck pickups are not are something I just don't understand ... lotta good tone up there that you're missing out on .... 8-)

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:22 pm

fendertweed wrote:

... 8-) there any number of situations where soloing on the neck pickup is the thing to do, esp. IMO on a guit like the Bluesboy with the Seth Lover there....

conventions like bridge pickups are for solos, neck pickups are not are something I just don't understand ... lotta good tone up there that you're missing out on .... 8-)

Now that I am playing the ASAT, I am finding this, I find the Carvin C22J in my bucker guitar to be just inadequate. Blues solos do well on the ASAT specials neck though. It was more a deficiency of the one guitar than anything that shaped my thought.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:27 pm

sirmyghin wrote:
fendertweed wrote:

Now that I am playing the ASAT, I am finding this, I find the Carvin C22J in my bucker guitar to be just inadequate. Blues solos do well on the ASAT specials neck though. It was more a deficiency of the one guitar than anything that shaped my thought.

that's more like it, 8-) ... it's not easy to find a good neck bucker IMO (not easy to find a good "regular" Tele neck pickup either) ... but the Seth Lover in the Bluesboy is a real good one.

cheers,
Jon

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:47 am

Actually I'm in love with the sound of the middle position in my ASAT Classic, so I don't want to lose it putting a neck humbucker.

I think i'll finally put a 4 way switch to fatten up (is that correct? :) ) my sound, without loosing what I have already