Fender G-DEC

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:30 am

I currently have two amps, a Marshall JVM 205H and a custom-made 1x12 single-ended combo (originally plexi-voiced, but I recently converted it to produce black-face tones with a fair bit of headroom).

I've recently taken some interest in the Fender G-DEC. Partly I like the idea of a small, portable practice type amp (even though both of my amps sound very good at low volumes). But also it has all the built in jam tracks...and in the new one many of them are laid down by well-known artists, which kind of ups the "cool" factor...and of course the price by a few beans! It also has the ability to record your playing with overdub capabilities, which is also very cool!

Any thoughts or experiences?

Re: Fender G-DEC

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Love mine, a great practice tool. From the amp choices, to the reverb settings, and a variety of fx's. Go from a full stack Marshall in an arena, to a Tweed in a small room. The fx's are a blast! From a fixed wah reegae, to a phaser metal, and everything in between. Might be my favorite piece of gear, certainly my most used. Pick any beat you want, at the tempo you want. Only wish it would record longer.