Gone over the edge or...

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:30 pm

should I say over the rim! :lol049:

Found this recently and could not pass it up, especially for the price. I am no drummer, but have kids that are reday to move up from the kids drum set to a bigger kit so it came home yesterday. Can only say I love it, and now I have a back beat. :sign0011:

C-List ad read - Beautiful Honey Maple Gretsch drum set. Drum set comes complete with 10",12",14",16" toms 22" bassdrum, 6.5x14" matching snare drum. Pro level cymbals included in the deal. 20" aa sabian ride, 13" jazz fusion hi hats, 16" medium crash ( Zildjian). Premier hi hat stand, pearl foot pedal, pearl boom cymbal stand, and stool.

Whatchathink??

Rock on! :elguitar054:

Re: Gone over the edge or...

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 pm

sam wrote:Whatchathink??

Mathink beautiful :happy0065: A Gretsch, just like Charlie Watts. A Broadkaster perchance? After all they still own the trade name :confused0007:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey Jos,

Thanks man, it's a Catalina Maple set.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Great Score!

That's about all Mitch Mitchell used. Tons of other guys too, but Mitch was the first that came to mind...

Enjoy..
BW

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:30 am

Great set! I love Gretsch drums.
Our drummer just got a set from 1957 or so. They were in immaculate condition. Thost 3 ply rims, and wooden snare make a world of difference.
Here he is beating the hell out of those bad boys.

[youtube]zCCzpxGgaxs[/youtube]

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:58 am

Gretsch drums kick butt...
Picked up a set myself a few years back for my daughter

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Great clip Shawn. :smoking030:
Marty, like the kit, they look very familiar! :cheers:

But, there was a chinese proverb about giving your enemies kids a drum set, if true we're in trouble. :-)

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:06 pm

you're not a drummer YET

practice a couple times per week and in a couple of years you'll be laying down some cool beats.

There are so many cool youtube video lessons out there that you can just educate yourself in no time.

And talk about stress relief! :sign0011: