Will Bluesboy fit in thermometer case?

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Just bought a 2001 G&L ASAT Classic Semi-hollow Bluesboy (greatest looking, playing, and sounding guitar I have ever had the privilege to play, let alone own). I see a few tele thermometer cases on Ebay that I want really bad, and was hoping someone here would let me know if my guitar will fit. I tried to search the forum for the answer but can't find it.

it looks like it would be a tight squeeze, but thats a good thing if I can get it in there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-TELECAST ... 095wt_1189

I'll post photos of my new guitar in the appropriate place when I get the time.

Glad to join the forum!

-Richard

Re: Will Bluesboy fit in thermometer case?

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:31 pm

I would not buy one unless I could try my guitar in it. You will find that the Bluesboy is about 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch longer than a Tele and the Fender cases have very little extra room at the top. I have both brand cases and the G&Ls will not fit in a Fender case without a chance of damaging the top of the headstock.-- Darwin

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Thanks for the response

What about this cool looking poodle case?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-1953-54- ... 702wt_1189

it looks like it has a bit more room. Does anyone have one of these, or know whether or not the Bluesboy will fit in it?

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:49 pm

It seems to me that the only case for a G&L is a G&L case?

Bill

Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:11 pm

my bluesboy fits my wolfpack case, which i love, the best case i have. but the fender hardshell cases don't work.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks again guys, and i would enjoy a G&L case for my bluesboy Bill, but I can not find a molded case by them. I do not want a suitcase type case.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:35 pm

prichard wrote:Thanks again guys, and i would enjoy a G&L case for my bluesboy Bill, but I can not find a molded case by them. I do not want a suitcase type case.

The G&L On-Line Store has them listed: G&L molded hardshell case.

Hope this helps.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:46 am

Craig wrote:
prichard wrote:Thanks again guys, and i would enjoy a G&L case for my bluesboy Bill, but I can not find a molded case by them. I do not want a suitcase type case.

The G&L On-Line Store has them listed: G&L molded hardshell case.

Hope this helps.

The G&L On-Line Store has been updated and it look's like only the Deluxe Tolex cases are now available.

:ugeek: