R.I.P ASAT classic custom ?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 am

Hey,
did anyone notice that the classic custom no longer figure on the website ? Is it meant to be replaced by the ASAT classic 90 ?

If it's true, that make mine even more lovely :D

Re: R.I.P ASAT classic custom ?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:06 pm

All know is that the ASAT Classic Custom is not listed in de 2013 dealer list. In all likelihood this is correlated with the (impending) introduction of the ASAT Classic Bluesboy 90, first shown at the latest Winter NAMM. That model is dry similar to the Classic Custom with the MFD neck up replaced by a Paul Gagon spec'ed P90.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:54 pm

I've read that it is indeed being replaced by the Bluesboy 90. Kind of a shame really as its a unique guitar.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:32 pm

supereiv wrote:Hey,
did anyone notice that the classic custom no longer figure on the website ? Is it meant to be replaced by the ASAT classic 90 ?

If it's true, that make mine even more lovely :D

Well, I did update the G&L Knowledgebase about this when I returned from 2012 NAMM on Jan 27th. :roll:
See Production List of G&L Instruments (USA) and List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA).

:ugeek:

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Yeah Craig, so at last YOU did notice :D !

I think it's a pity to see that model disappear, but when you look at the database, it's clear that G&L didn't sell a lot of classic custom, so...

By the way, I understand the bluesboy 90 could be much more desirable for the non-G&L fan (and for the G&L fan too :mrgreen: ).

Anyway, business is business, and the factory-men must have their reason(s).
I have mine, and it could become a collector, and that's pretty nice, but I already decided back when I got it new that I will never part with it and play the hell out of it (and that's what I do :alright: )