Legacy Special with humbucker & mini toggle???

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 am

II have spent an hour looking for a way to post a question. Way too complicted for something that should be easy. I just decided to edit my old post. I haven't found anyone (including guitar shiops) who knows what position the mini toggle should be in to activate whatever it does, and what position gets things back to normal. Also when the mini toggle is activated, what combinations of the main 5 way switch affects what pickup. Please Email me at sultangary@yahoo.com. I really find this site confusing and dont know if I will ever be able to find my way back. Thanks, Gary
Last edited by sultangary on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Legacy Special with humbucker & mini toggle???

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:41 am

sultangary wrote:I have a 12 Year old Legacy Special that is a bit different than any others Ive seen. It has a SD humbucker in the bridge. It also has the mini toggle. The guitar has been virtually unplayed and is said to be completely stock by the original owner. It still has the original store tag. I would like to know what humbucker G&L might have put in this guitar. I'm guessing it could be the same one as they put in the Legacy Deluxe model but I'm not sure and dont really know what model SD that is either. Has anyone ever seen a Legacy Special with the mini toggle? The color on the tag says Yellow Cool Daddyo. Ive not seen mention of that color. It looks like butterscotch. Could this be a custom made that ended up in a guitar shop in the southeastern USA?
I must say that I was totally shocked when I held the guitar and started to strum it for the first time. I had to stop because what went through my mind was "This feels like the best made (highest quality) guitar I have ever held. I dont own expensive guitars but have held a few. This one just has a special feeling of quality to it. So much so that I also ordered an S500 Tribute just to see what a Tribute would feel like. If it feels anything like the Legacy, I will be in the market for a Bluesboy next.
If anyone out there can shed some light on all this, I would appreciate it. You can Email me at sultangary@yahoo.com. I'm not sure how all this message stuff works. Im new at it, but I will learn. Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary,

The SD TB-4 humbucker was an optional bridge pickup and was installed at the factory with the mini-toggle coil-spitter switch.
We do have a number of Legacy Specials registered in the G&L Registry which have this option listed.

You don't need to list your email address for other's to contact you. There is a private messaging system built in and this allows others to contact you without seeing your email address. It's a security thing. Also, it helps others who might have the same or similar question, to see a response here on the forum.

Hope this helps.

Re: Legacy Special with humbucker & mini toggle???

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:25 pm

sultangary wrote:I must say that I was totally shocked when I held the guitar and started to strum it for the first time. I had to stop because what went through my mind was "This feels like the best made (highest quality) guitar I have ever held. I dont own expensive guitars but have held a few. This one just has a special feeling of quality to it. So much so that I also ordered an S500 Tribute just to see what a Tribute would feel like. If it feels anything like the Legacy, I will be in the market for a Bluesboy next.

A bit off-topic, but I wanted to share that I had the exact same reaction when I first held the F-100 I bought on a whim from eBay. I've been playing a strat with a '63 neck since 1974, and the G&L felt like I had been playing it my whole life the moment I picked it up. My playing has improved dramatically since acquiring the G&L, I feel as if the guitar is teaching me how to play. I see many more G&Ls in my future as a result... first a Legacy so I don't have to drag my vintage Fender out to bars, then maybe an ASAT of some kind, an S-500 or Comanche would be cool after that.