On Line G&L Guitar Builder

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:09 am

The builder is back online and includes American series basses. Here is the link.-- Darwin

http://www.americanguitarandband.com/

Re: On Line G&L Guitar Builder

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Hey Darwin,

I tried it last night and meant to send you a PM. The bass builder hangs up on the body shading, at 32%. That's happened for all of the basses I've tried (which wasn't all of them), but the guitar builder is still working fine.

Ken

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Ken, I built an L-2500 and an M-2500 and it worked fine. Let me know what is failing and I will notify them.-- Darwin

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Darwin,

The ASAT and ASAT SH don't get beyond body shading during the load-up. They hang at 32%. The others seem to work fine.

Now I'm GASing for an SB-1 or SB-2 in Belair Green with a white pearl pickguard and fretless ebony neck. It's just about wiped out the ASAT Bass GAS I was having last night...

Ken

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:13 pm

KenC wrote:Now I'm GASing for an SB-1 or SB-2 in Belair Green with a white pearl pickguard and fretless ebony neck.

Scratch that SB. Now I want an L-1500 in Shoreline Gold with rosewood board and color-matched headstock.

Anyway, thanks for the new hobby!!!

Ken

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Don't worry Ken. I'm working on a Money Tree App for your mobile device so you can fund your hobby. Currently trying to work through the problem of hooking it up to the gold reserves in Ft Knox. Must admit I haven't been very successfull yet ;)

- Jos

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm just having fun spec'ing out new dream basses as the new hobby. I'm sitting within arm's reach of an '81 L2K, and ignoring it while I build different virtual basses. Something's wrong with that...or with me...

Ken

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:52 pm

I have an NBD in the works, and wouldn't you know it's the only model I can't get a visual on...

Ken

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:26 am

Thanks for the input Ken, I have reported the problem to Eric.-- Darwin

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Ken, here is Erics reply and thanks for letting us know.-- Darwin

Fixed.

Many thanks for the heads up.

- Eric

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Here is the direct link to the builder.-- Darwin

http://www.americanguitarboutique.net/AGB_Generator_index.html

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks. I'm sure this will lead me to buying a new G&L bass through AG&B sooner or later!

Ken

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:12 am

Hi Darwin,

Are you still passing on bug reports? I think this is a small one: charging for pickguards which should be included in the base price.

I've been comparing the ASAT Special to the ASAT Special Semi-hollow. On the Special's G&L web page specs it lists: "3-ply white pickguard" and indeed that pickguard is the only one in the builder app's list of pickguards that doesn't have an upcharge assigned to it -- that is okay. But the Special Semi-hollow's G&L web page specs lists: "choice of Pearl, Tortoise Shell, Creme, 3-ply black or 3-ply white pickguard" but only the white pickguard has no upcharge listed against it in the builder app; the other four or five choices listed above require an upcharge, which doesn't seem inline with the wording of G&L's own web page.

If this is a mistake, it happens for other semi-hollow model versions, too.

One more: "tortoise" is misspelled "tortise" :geek:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:52 am

LS, I have forwarded this report and will post the answer when I receive it. Thanks-- Darwin

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:30 pm

LS, here is the answer I just received. -- Darwin

Darwin:

I reference the January 1 2012 price guide, which I was told by G&L is more accurate than the web site.

2012 price guide says for ASAT Special:
"Pickguard: 3-ply white".

2012 price guide says for the ASAT Special Semi-hollow:
"Same as ASAT Special. Features twin "Voice Chambers" on the left and right sides of the body. Available with or without F-hole. Standard and Premier finishes included. Swamp Ash body."

No mention of pearl, toroise shell, creme or 3-ply black pickguard as standard.

Thanks for the headsup about the misspelling. D'oh.

- Eric

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks. Oh well, it's not a big item anyway.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi there,
I'm a newcomer in this community and since I plan to buy a custom shop G&L, I was looking for an online builder (I did it on the paper thanks to the G&L options list, but honestly, it's hard to decide when you don't see certain options...).

So I discover this 2010-2012 (!) thread and wanted to ask: Anything new in 8 years?

Is the Axe Palade form the ultimate G&L online guitar builder?

I also asked American Guitar Boutique about their configurator page which was returning an error message.

If you have other sources, please share, it would be very helpful for newcomers in the G&L world.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:45 am

PhilippeB wrote:Hi there,
I'm a newcomer in this community and since I plan to buy a custom shop G&L, I was looking for an online builder (I did it on the paper thanks to the G&L options list, but honestly, it's hard to decide when you don't see certain options...).

So I discover this 2010-2012 (!) thread and wanted to ask: Anything new in 8 years?

Is the Axe Palade form the ultimate G&L online guitar builder?

I also asked American Guitar Boutique about their configurator page which was returning an error message.

If you have other sources, please share, it would be very helpful for newcomers in the G&L world.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regarding the AGB configurator page, see: How to (place an order)?.

I was not aware of the Axe Palace Custom Shop Order Form, but it is not up to date to the 1/16/2020-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options.
For example, the Neck Profiles and fret options are way out of date.

Also, I want to remind all that we are not allow to post prices for any new instruments and options on this website.
See, GbL History & G&LDP/G&L Knowledgebase/Marketplace Guidelines.

Hope this helps.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:49 am

Thank you Craig. No problem for prices policy. I fully understand this. My point was more on "How gorgeous would look my dream guitar" ;) For prices, I'll go through the national dealer.

Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:39 pm

darwinohm wrote:Here is the direct link to the builder.-- Darwin

It's not taking me to any site with that type of software. All I get is a page with links to other sites.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:01 am

soulman969 wrote:
darwinohm wrote:Here is the direct link to the builder.-- Darwin

It's not taking me to any site with that type of software. All I get is a page with links to other sites.

American Guitar Boutique's website is now: http://www.americanguitarboutique.com.
So, I tried this url: http://www.americanguitarboutique.com/A ... index.html, but that page is not found,
here is the error message:

4 04
The page you are looking for
can not be found

They also have an online presence via Reverb dot com.

Previously, they had also posted the generator at http://www.glguitarsgenerator.com/, but the generator does not come up,
only a page with "pageok". :roll:
See this reference post: Re: Guitar Builder.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:20 am

Craig wrote:
They also have an online presence via Reverb dot com.

Previously, they had also posted the generator at http://www.glguitarsgenerator.com/, but the generator does not come up,
only a page with "pageok". :roll:
See this reference post: Re: Guitar Builder.

Yes Craig, I wrote them an email and they answered they will ask their admin to fix this. Good news is that the link is no more on the homepage of their website, so they did something. But honestly, I don't know how many time this generator page was crashing...