G&L Album Covers

Mon May 07, 2012 9:26 am

I came across this the other day:

Anybody know of any other G&L album cover appearances?

Re: G&L Album Covers

Mon May 07, 2012 1:00 pm

:mrgreen:

Mon May 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Tim Page posted this in the "Holy Grail" thread. Can't find a bigger pic but this will do:

Mon May 07, 2012 9:00 pm

I don't have a scan to post, but the Band of Susans compilation shows a pile of SC-1s and SC-2s on the cover.

Ken

Mon May 07, 2012 9:22 pm

here's one with that cool little pickguard added and some others including i think, the one you mentioned:

Tue May 08, 2012 6:30 am

Very cool guys.

Little Buster must be rockin' out the soul if he's using a Legacy Special.

I love the pickguard on the SC-1. It sits well with the angled pick up. G & L should offer it as an option if they every re-issue the SC-1.

Miles don't the Germans have an equivalent word for "brand new" (correct me if I'm wrong but I assume its German)? It looks like they incorporated the English word.

Tue May 08, 2012 6:37 am

asphalt-abate wrote:Very cool guys.

Little Buster must be rockin' out the soul if he's using a Legacy Special.

I love the pickguard on the SC-1. It sits well with the angled pick up. G & L should offer it as an option if they every re-issue the SC-1.

Miles don't the Germans have an equivalent word for "brand new" (correct me if I'm wrong but I assume its German)? It looks like they incorporated the English word.

i think brand is brand, and new is neue, so that is the german word. it's been long though since i spoke german, 23 years.

i agree the pg should be offered as an option, and the lack of it as well, an all guitars where that is feasible.

Tue May 08, 2012 7:13 am

louis cyfer wrote:i think brand is brand, and new is neue, so that is the german word. it's been long though since i spoke german, 23 years.

You're right, "brandneu" is the german translation of "brand new". Brand has something to do with fire and the words are the same in both languages.

Bartleby:
Bran-new or Brand-new. (Anglo-Saxon, brand, a torch.) Fire new. Shakespeare, in Love’s Labour Lost, i. 1, says, “A man of fire-new words.” And again in Twelfth Night, iii. 2, “Fire-new from the mint”; and again in King Lear, v. 3, “Fire-new fortune”; and again in Richard III., act i. 3, “Your fire-new stamp of honour is scarce current.” Originally applied to metals and things manufactured in metal which shine. Subsequently applied generally to things quite new.

Wed May 09, 2012 5:30 am

little buster......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_RByTfcKKw

Wed May 09, 2012 6:49 am

Thu May 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Really enjoyed this post
Thanks
Steve

Fri May 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Couldn't resist adding an 's'. I looked this fellow up on youtube - some of his videos have 200,000+ views :shock: Might be time for me to get some cheesy mid-90s midi backing tracks and hit the European cruise ship circuit.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:47 pm

blargfromouterspace wrote:Might be time for me to get some cheesy mid-90s midi backing tracks and hit the European cruise ship circuit.

His only Hit - "Verde" happend in mid 70s. But as someone wrote in a video comment something like this: He gives a beginner in guitar playing the feeling, that you could be successful although you aren't much further than a proceeded beginner. :mrgreen:

Sat May 12, 2012 12:57 am

must be some pretty desperate people in germany for guitar players, if they think hans lingenfelder is any good. he doesn't even write songs, just plays some famous songs without the vocals.

Sat May 12, 2012 4:02 am

louis cyfer wrote:must be some pretty desperate people in germany for guitar players, if they think hans lingenfelder is any good. he doesn't even write songs, just plays some famous songs without the vocals.

I had just some memories of him, from when I was a beginner among others in the 70s, who were trying to play that song "Verde" and where proud, if they where able too do it, somehow. Never heard of him again, until I got interested in G&L a few years ago and found out, he's got a special built, named "Silver Fleck". In fact it seems he's not using that guitar in public. If my memory serves me right, he was on the list of artists at the G&L page, but seems to be removed now. I cannot imagine why. :mrgreen:

Sun May 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Here are a few that I have which have not been posted yet:

:ugeek:

Mon May 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Bill Perry R.I.P.

He had a instrumental - G&L Jump

http://www.itemvn.com/song/Bill-Perry-G-L-jum-Fire-it-up-2001/435558945B

I had forgotten about Bill Perry.

I just high jack the thread a little.... Sorry

Chet

Mon May 14, 2012 7:58 pm

louis cyfer wrote:must be some pretty desperate people in germany for guitar players, if they think hans lingenfelder is any good. he doesn't even write songs, just plays some famous songs without the vocals.

Figure that.. Hans whom I've never heard of ...sorry ,Has an album cover! If he is all you say he is We should have ALBUM covers! Maybe move to Germany
we could be big in Germany!!

Tue May 15, 2012 1:20 pm

timewave wrote:

Figure that.. Hans whom I've never heard of ...sorry ,Has an album cover! If he is all you say he is We should have ALBUM covers! Maybe move to Germany
we could be big in Germany!!

sure you have heard of hans, he goes by ricky king.

Wed May 16, 2012 5:43 am

Did Steve Morse play a G&L at one point?