Shipping methods

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:40 pm

Does anyone know what method G&L uses to ship guitars to Canada?
Do they use USPS or UPS?
The only reason I ask is that my order is estimated to be complete in approximately 3 weeks. If by some miracle my order is completed earlier and it is shipped via USPS there may be a problem since there currently is a nationwide postal strike/lockout. If by some slim chance my guitar is ready to ship during the work stoppage I wonder if they would take this into consideration and make sure to ship via UPS or another method other than USPS.

The federal government is currently attempting to force the postal employees back to work and this may take place as early as next week so the whole question is likely moot anyway.

Re: Shipping methods

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 am

Congrats on your new guitar.

Since you've been waiting your whole live for, this one week or so, shouldn't matter. :mrgreen:

Much more of interest is of course: Which guitar have you exactly ordered?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:32 am

suave eddie wrote:Does anyone know what method G&L uses to ship guitars to Canada?
Do they use USPS or UPS?
The only reason I ask is that my order is estimated to be complete in approximately 3 weeks. If by some miracle my order is completed earlier and it is shipped via USPS there may be a problem since there currently is a nationwide postal strike/lockout. If by some slim chance my guitar is ready to ship during the work stoppage I wonder if they would take this into consideration and make sure to ship via UPS or another method other than USPS.

The federal government is currently attempting to force the postal employees back to work and this may take place as early as next week so the whole question is likely moot anyway.

AFAIK, G&L uses UPS for all shipping, so you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:20 am

AFAIK, G&L uses UPS for all shipping, so you should be fine.

Thanks Craig, that's good to know.

Much more of interest is of course: Which guitar have you exactly ordered?

You must have missed my previous thread agonizing over choices....

ASAT Classic in Blueburst Ash with #1 neck, vintage frets, ebony board, black pickguard.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 am

Black and blue sounds really cool...

Hope your guitar arrives on time!