Looking for info on my late 00's Legacy

Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:01 am

I'm interested in learning about my Legacy primarily to be able to do some set up work on it, but also to play it better and troubleshoot problems. This is everything I know about it -

3 G&L vintage style Alnico V single coil pickups
Alder body
Hard Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
12" neck radius
1 5/8" neck width at nut
12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension tuning keys
G&L Dual Fulcrum vibrato with chrome-plated brass saddles
5 position pickup selector, PTB system
Standard finish
Chrome Hardware; 3-ply White pickguard; G&L molded hardcase

And actually I'm not sure about a few of the items above, like whether I have the vintage style pickups, the "Hard Rock" maple neck, or the PTB system. Because all the information I can find about my guitar is what's currently shown as the specs for my model on the G&L website.

My guitar is completely stock and I bought it new in 2008 (mail order) from an out of state store (that may have gone out of business). It was made in Fullerton and the serial number is CLF37331. I had the impression the store may have had it a long time before they sold it to me. Which means it's most likely a 2005, 06, or 07 (I'm guessing here - I have no intention of having the neck off anytime soon to check). I'll try to insert a photo below.

If anyone can enlighten me on the correct specs and features on my Legacy, I will forever be indebted to you (I'll will you my G&L decal). I'd especially like to know if mine has the PTB system and also the Magnetic Field Design pickups (I don't think it has either). But I'll take ANY information I can get, including where to find info. I've searched everywhere on the G&L site, this site, and the web and I haven't found anything other than what's above (and some of that is in doubt). Thanks in advance for any help.

Larry Cossar

Re: Looking for info on my late 00's Legacy

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:35 am

Your Legacy definately has the PTB system on it, unless someone messed with it. If you bought it new from a store, then 99.999999% chance it is stock. Volume, Bass, Treble for all pups. YOU should be able to hear it when you turn one knob at a time.

Everything else sounds right. There are a few options on Legacye like neck profile, that can be ordered differently, but a stock Legacy is #1 profile.

Post a pic and we can tell you if anything looks non-standard.

Be sure to register you Legacy.

I have a couple of Legacy's, and they are great guitars.

Congrats on yours!

Re: Looking for info on my late 00's Legacy

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:44 pm

The specs on your Legacy sound exactly like my '06 with the exception of a birds eye neck. Mine was purchased New Old Stock also and had
hung in the store for a while. You will have to pull the neck to get an exact year of mfg but the Registry should help get you in the ball park.