L 2000 Arrived Today

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:42 pm

It is a 99 and in absolute pristine condition. I need some advice on the correct string heights for a fretless but I am pretty close. I love it. It is a transparent Blue/Teal and the grain is unbelievable. Had concerns about a 3 bolt neck on a Bass but everyone who responded said they are stable. I need to figure how to post some pictures here. I traded a 2000 Legacy in for this. I had too many Legacys so that worked out great. I registered it and this bass was already registered here. I wonder who in the Mpls/St Paul area owned it. My first G&L bass. I have a Fender American Deluxe and Two Musicman Sting Ray 5's. I've wanted a fretless for some time and boy is she sweet! Life is good.

Re: L 2000 Arrived Today

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Howdy,

Congrats with your new acquisition!! I am sure you are going to love to have a high quality bass in your arsenal. But I think one of the rules on the old forum needs to be carried over: no pictures :arrow: it doesn't exist ;) Show use the beauty!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:30 am

darwinohm wrote:Had concerns about a 3 bolt neck on a Bass but everyone who responded said they are stable.

I own a 1997 L-2000. The neck joint is stable as hell and it has very long sustain too, so I really don't know, what the currently used 6 point connections are for. ;)

For showing pics you'll have to put them on an image server like http://imageshack.us, after that you may copy the whole line in e.g: "Forum Thumbnail" into your post, like this:

If you like, you could replace the first URL pointing to a menu page, with the "Direkt Link"-URL, this is what I did.

Edit:
Forgot to mention: When I registerd my F-100, I found it registered too. And I found a corresponding e-mail address also. And now I know the whole story about that guitar. ;)

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks guys. I will get some pictures up soon. It is a great bass. I have wanted a fretless for some time.