Pickguard replacement

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Can anybody tell me if any pickguard replaces the tribute s-500 besides the chandler pickguards? I'm trying to replace the red tortoise with a white pearloid. Any ideas?
Thanks

Re: Pickguard replacement

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Actually, the Chandler pg's are not a direct replacement on a Tribute. You will have to send them a tracing of your pg for them to make you one.

Yes, they are different from the pg's on a USA G&L. Don't know why, but they are.

edg

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:28 pm

mpsnyder wrote:Can anybody tell me if any pickguard replaces the tribute s-500 besides the chandler pickguards? I'm trying to replace the red tortoise with a white pearloid. Any ideas?
Thanks

Have you tried eBay? Parts for the G&L Tribute models show up regularly there. A few sellers buy up Tributes and then part them out on eBay.
Since the Tribute S-500 Blueburst model comes with the white pearloid pickguard, you might find one listed there.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Have you found your pearl replacement pickguard yet? I am recieving a Tribute Legacy this week with a Pearl p/g and I intend to swap it for a t-shell. I am planning on adding a toggle switch for the s-500 pickup combinations. Do you think a swap would work between an s-500 and a Legacy Tributes?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:44 pm

theodog wrote:Have you found your pearl replacement pickguard yet? I am recieving a Tribute Legacy this week with a Pearl p/g and I intend to swap it for a t-shell. I am planning on adding a toggle switch for the s-500 pickup combinations. Do you think a swap would work between an s-500 and a Legacy Tributes?

If both the Tribute pickguards use 11 screws for mounting and the guitars were built in the same location (South Korea or Indonesia) and the Tribute S-500 has the push-pull pot for the extender settings, I think they should work without a problem.

If a trade is possible here, please do so via a pm or em between the two of you, or post it on our Marketplace.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Hello EDG, I just received my new pickguard for my ASAT Classic Tribute series and really love it from Pickguardian.com. The fit and finish is excellent and turn around time was within a week. Tony was kind enough to send out some sample materials to help me make up my mind. I did have to send my original to him to go by. Highly recommended.