G&l sc- 3 by leo fender

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:42 pm

i have g&l sc-3 by le fender and i wnet to get moor information abut this guitar
and how much IT COSTImage

Re: G&l sc- 3 by leo fender

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:44 pm

I have moor piccher Image

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:59 pm

and moor picture Image

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Nice one! ...Thats like a black pickguard version of my own SC-3 baby! (great guitars)

If you peek inside the trem cavity (you should see it though the holes), you'll spot a label that has a date on it. (Give you a rough idea of it's vintage). The proper build dates are in the neck cavity, but with the SC-3, I'd just peek at the sticker for a rough date!

The bodywood is usually maple on that model (very sweet with the old MFD pickups... don't ever touch a thing on her!)

Here's my puppy >>

Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:44 am

Nice find there.... A little grungy, but should clean up nicely..... Here's a good shot of the trem cavity sticker.

Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:19 am

I've been around here for over 10 years and never knew about the cavity sticker deal. What years did G&L put date stickers in there? What about guitars that has saddle lock bridge with no trem cavity?

I have a 1990 SC-3 that I acquired in 2009. I found a date stamp on the neck that says 2-14-1990. I looked for a date stamp in the pickup cavities but was not able to find one. But the sticker clue you guys gave me I took a look in the trem cavity and found a sticker that says 010990, which means that the body was finished sometime around Jan 9 1990. Cool!

Kit