Vibramate V5-TEV on a G&L ASAT Classic Tribby?

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:52 am

Anybody know if this version of the Vibromate will work on a G&L. I guess I am really asking if the hole placement on an ASAT bridge is the same as a Tele? If so, any other issues? E.g., it only works with a Bigsby B5, is the string angle/roller placement OK?

Re: Vibramate V5-TEV on a G&L ASAT Classic Tribby?

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:39 pm

I have viewed this product and think that it has potential issues which is that it will raise the height of the B5. This is already an issue with ASATs as G&L routes the body where the B5 is mounted. So if you are thinking about using an ASAT I believe the B5 will be too high using the Vibramate. The better Bigsby to use is a F Bigsby which will give you a better string/bridge angle as the roller is closer to the bridge. It appears that you do not want to drill holes. I have installed several Bigsbys and it requires that everything is done perfectly or you will not be happy with the results. I am going to put an F Bigsby on my ASAT classic S some day. I also have two Fender Teles waiting for the same thing. I had also looked at the Vibramate but am not even willing to try it because the string/bridge angle may be unworkable. I hope this makes sense to you. The hole placement on a Classic and a Tele are very similar but I haven't measured. Thanks--Darwin

Re: Vibramate V5-TEV on a G&L ASAT Classic Tribby?

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Thanks. Sounds like a no-go.