Aesthetic changes

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Hey all! So I love my 2000 ASAT classic...plays extremely well...sounds great! It's my only guitar for now. I keep thinking it needs an ASAT sibling of the Special kind. A nice ASAT Special..anyway, I was thinking I would like to maybe swap the white p-guard out for a black one..also the tuners for back ones. I dunno..it's a 3 color sunburst with a rw f-board. I don't hate the way it is...just thought maybe some small changes would do her good. Has anyone else done this? I understand Chandler is the only source for p-guards? Random thoughts is all..I have several other ideas to make my guitar more personal. Let's see your mods! Post em up!

Re: Aesthetic changes

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Have you seen what Toneguard has to offer?
ToneGuard.com

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Hey, and my guitar is featured in the website header and "testimonials" page.

Cheers,

Will

Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:22 am

Tone guard has gone OEM you realize? Wayne will work with you if you can organize some group buys but is not likely to do a one off. At least when I checked in with him. If you want one made of metal though, shoot me a PM, I can point you in the right direction.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:24 am

I'm sure there are folks out there that will do a custom pickguard for you. I had found a guy when I was thinking of making some changes to my Charvel Surfcaster several years ago. The guy either wanted the original pickguard, or a tracing of it, but said he could make me one. Though I think it was going to cost me roughly what Chandler charges...that was before I knew about Chandler.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Muleya wrote:I'm sure there are folks out there that will do a custom pickguard for you. I had found a guy when I was thinking of making some changes to my Charvel Surfcaster several years ago. The guy either wanted the original pickguard, or a tracing of it, but said he could make me one. Though I think it was going to cost me roughly what Chandler charges...that was before I knew about Chandler.

Running in to ones making them from metal though, surprisingly few. Ones to do what I wanted on top of that, even less.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:00 am

sirmyghin wrote:Tone guard has gone OEM you realize? Wayne will work with you if you can organize some group buys but is not likely to do a one off. At least when I checked in with him. If you want one made of metal though, shoot me a PM, I can point you in the right direction.

If you know of other sources, why not share it with all here? :searching:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:40 am

As the only contact I have for the guy is an email I will check in with him to see if he has a site around yet. That and if you wanted to see his 'work' the only sample I have is my in progress pick guard, which I was keeping secret until completion :happy0007: . It should be out for anodizing neck week. When he gets back to me I will post something, or get him to come over and post.

Started a thread on his work here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2648&p=14827#p14827