s-500 tone capacitors

Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi all, a while back I bought a USA s-500 (1997 model I believe). The guy I bought it from had converted the wiring to typical strat style. When I opened it up, it was quite a mess. I have ordered all new pots and switches, but G&L does not sell tone caps.

As far as I can tel I need one each of the following:

.001uf .022uf (I can find these two on line) and now the toughies... 200p and .0022uf.

I am new to this, so I assume uf is microfarads and p would be picofarads.

Any idea as to where I can find the 200p and the .0022uf? None of the guitar part sites that I have looked at carry them. Any help would be appreciated. I really don't want to have to put it back together wired up like a strat, as I would be missing the expanded range, and I have already ordered the 250k, 500k and 1meg pots which will likely not work well in the strat setup.

Re: s-500 tone capacitors

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:07 pm

burndog wrote:Hi all, a while back I bought a USA s-500 (1997 model I believe). The guy I bought it from had converted the wiring to typical strat style. When I opened it up, it was quite a mess. I have ordered all new pots and switches, but G&L does not sell tone caps.

As far as I can tel I need one each of the following:

.001uf .022uf (I can find these two on line) and now the toughies... 200p and .0022uf.

I am new to this, so I assume uf is microfarads and p would be picofarads.

Any idea as to where I can find the 200p and the .0022uf? None of the guitar part sites that I have looked at carry them. Any help would be appreciated. I really don't want to have to put it back together wired up like a strat, as I would be missing the expanded range, and I have already ordered the 250k, 500k and 1meg pots which will likely not work well in the strat setup.

There was this thread here: Let's discuss capacitors and G&Ls. Maybe Darth will weigh in.

Perhaps it will help.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:28 pm

You could try Mouser Electronics (http://www.mouser.com) they usually have everything

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:34 am

thanks Craig and Dave_P. It looks like mouser.com is just what the doctor ordered. Much appreciated.:)