Why such a big difference in neck and body dates on this?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:12 am

If the neck were newer, I'd suspect it was replaced. But here the body is newer, by six years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-G-L-ASAT-III-My ... 3f046a3dde

Lots of interesting 3-pup ASATs on the 'bay right now.

Re: Why such a big difference in neck and body dates on this?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:30 am

I have a couple lefties with dates that are years apart, older hardware, etc. The end results were/are magnificent. I guess they don't make-um from scratch every time.

Cheers,

Will

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Well there were no three bolt bodies in 99 could be an 89 body with a 93 neck, from the picks of the body it doesn't look like the two lower neck attachment holes were filled in and in 99 there also would not be a micro tilt installed in the body and of course there would also be holes to fill on the back of the body and then re painted of which I see no evidence. probably just not enough ink on that cheap little stamper they used to complete the 8 so it looks like a nine.

gary

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:55 pm

It looks to me that the body date is 93 and not 99. If you look closely at the number, the right side of the last digit is built like a 3 and not a 9. Me says 93 for both neck and body.-- Darwin

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm with Darwin. Look at the bottom part of the last 9 in 1999 and it's different to the one next to it, therefore is a different number, and the only other number that curves like that at the bottom is a 3. Looks like the ink smudged.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:45 pm

blargfromouterspace wrote:I'm with Darwin. Look at the bottom part of the last 9 in 1999 and it's different to the one next to it, therefore is a different number, and the only other number that curves like that at the bottom is a 3. Looks like the ink smudged.

:searching:

I agree with Darwin and blargfromouterspace.