HELP - The Registry is making me feel like a moron!

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:50 am

All right, so I set out to register this F-100 II. But I know nothing about it! I have only had it 20 years.

I don't know the neck/body date. But I love the action on this old axe, and not taking it apart for no reason. To lazy.

But, I should know the color and the bridge, but I don't.

I guessed old fashioned tobacco burst. Experts, help please?

Bridge. I have no idea. It's the hard tail. I have heard it called G&L Locktite. Is it, is there such a thing?

Help much appreciated, Cheers.

Re: HELP - The Registry is making me feel like a moron!

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:25 am

"Saddlelock bridge". Is that blueburst on the ASAT? Wood body binding? I've got an ASAT Special Deluxe in blueburst with wood body binding. Check the gallery. Sweet guitar. I ain't taking my neck off either just to find the date. Not too lazy. Just don't want to risk screwing up the set-up.

Bill

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:53 am

Thanks for the info on the bridge! Yes, it is the blue burst with wood binding. It is a beautiful axe, I will check the gallery on yours. I really love the deluxe, very playable, great sound. Good looks on top of that...

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Locktite is what G&L refered to it as when LEO, DALE, and GEORGE ran the company.
It's since been changed to saddle lock.
You don't need to take the neck off for the dates.
Just input the serial number.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 pm

sickbutnottired wrote:All right, so I set out to register this F-100 II. But I know nothing about it! I have only had it 20 years.

I don't know the neck/body date. But I love the action on this old axe, and not taking it apart for no reason. To lazy.

But, I should know the color and the bridge, but I don't.

I guessed old fashioned tobacco burst. Experts, help please?

Bridge. I have no idea. It's the hard tail. I have heard it called G&L Locktite. Is it, is there such a thing?

Help much appreciated, Cheers.

Adding the build dates is optional and not required. If you are not comfortable with removing the neck, then don't worry about it.
The bridge selection should be Saddle-Lock. The original name of the bridge was Locktight but was later changed to Saddle-Lock. I had heard that
there was an issue with using the name Locktight. Perhaps with the Loc-tite company, but I don't know if this is true or not.

The body finish looks to be Tobacco Sunburst.

Hope this helps.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:48 pm

I don't take the necks off my G&Ls, either. There really should be a field for year of manufacture that's independent of the neck and body dates. Those of us who bought G&Ls new to our specification have a pretty good idea of the year of manufacture. Maybe there's a margin of error plus or minus one year, but you could just as easily conclude that the true date of manufacture is the date the neck was married with the body.

That way, the guitar will show up in a search by year even if the neck and body dates are left blank.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Thanks everyone. I have completed the registry, if I end up taking the neck off during my electronics upgrade project I will update with the other dates, I would kind like to see them! Don't you know there are lots of electronics in the neck pocket? LOL, it's just that I don't have the original cover, and if I can't find one, I will have to machine a new one, and I will probably drill and fill the screw holes. And I may take the neck off just to keep it from getting damaged during the project, we will see.

Now it's time to start on the next one. I think I will register my Deluxe next--going to see if I can verify the year, I don't have COA for it--here we go!