What Color is This?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi,
I'm a little embarrassed about posting this...but I'll be ordering my first G&L soon (ASAT Classic) and am spending my hard earned gig $$$ on it. So I'd like to "get it right". Don't see how I can get it wrong with so many great axes.

Anyway...I'm wondering if anyone knows what this color combo is? I found it on a photographer's website. No contact address:

It's come down to something like that, the butterscotch, or the clear orange. Check out this shot of a Bluesboy in that orange (it's for sale at a great price, btw):

So...anybody know what that color combo is, up top?

Bob

Re: What Color is This?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:51 pm

gitapik wrote:Anyway...I'm wondering if anyone knows what this color combo is? I found it on a photographer's website. No contact address:

Bob

Yes, that is one of the Premier finishes and it's called Blonde. Here's one from G&L's finishes page:

Both guitar bodies are Swamp Ash. You can just barely see the ash grain show through.

Hope this helps.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Thanks, Craig. It's such a beautiful combo with the whte pickguard and satin finish neck.

The Bluesboy looks good enough to eat...

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:23 am

both are great colours, buy 2.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:57 pm

Blonde is one of the best finishes on the ASAT.

Here's my NAKED blonde beauty

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 am

Here's my blonde ASAT.

If (or should I say when) I get another ASAT, I'll almost certainly go for clear orange.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:35 am

You guys are killing me, My wife won't let me have another right now, especially a blonde :P

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:49 pm

sirmyghin wrote:You guys are killing me, My wife won't let me have another right now, especially a blonde :P

That doesn't surprise me - you only just got that stunning orange beauty!

Having a blonde guitar makes you a better husband. Honest. Try that angle.