tung oil

Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:40 pm

hello my fellow g&lians. i am having a birs-eye maple pickguard made for my asat classic. i wld like it to match the neck if possible. i belive it is done with tung oil. does any one know how to achieve a similar finish or know if it wld be possible to obtain some from g&l? or would it be possible to send it to them and have them do it? i am very particular about my guitar. i play proffesionally many days each week and it is the only guitar i ever play. because it rocks of course. any help wld be appreciated. thanks

Re: tung oil

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:14 pm

[*]
j bozik wrote:hello my fellow g&lians. i am having a birs-eye maple pickguard made for my asat classic. i wld like it to match the neck if possible. i belive it is done with tung oil. does any one know how to achieve a similar finish or know if it wld be possible to obtain some from g&l? or would it be possible to send it to them and have them do it? i am very particular about my guitar. i play proffesionally many days each week and it is the only guitar i ever play. because it rocks of course. any help wld be appreciated. thanks

See my reply to your other post in the Introductions forum.