Will Ray

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:45 am

A shout out to Will Ray for his performance Tuesday evening at Mojo's Music in Edwardsville, Illinois. Mojo's sponsored one of Ray's workshop/clinics where he put on an amazing demonstration of how one of his signature Asats can sound. It was a great time and great music up close and personal. Will answered questions and invited anyone to come up and trade licks with him on some of the latest G&L models. It was a full up venue at Mojo's and if you ever get a chance to go to one of his workshops, I highly recommend taking advantage of the opportunity.
Thanks again Will

Re: Will Ray

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanx for the kind words, Larry. I had a great time at Mojo's. And it was cool seeing the G&L's you brought down. Leave me the Buck Owens in your will.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:47 pm

That Buck Owens is something, eh?

Glad you guys got an opportunity to get together. Larry's got more than a few G&L rarities than can reasonably be believed. I swear I don't know how he manages to find and acquire these treasures. You ought to stop by fenderavenue.com more often. He's been known to dole these out to the faithful there, crumb by delicious crumb, and we gratefully await and appreciate each and every morsel.

Hey Will, do you ever come to the DC area? If so, I'd love to shake your hand someday. Just don't ask me to play! - ed

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:42 pm

zapcosongs wrote:
Hey Will, do you ever come to the DC area?

Hi Ed,
Yeah, I get up there every couple of years on a clinic run. I'm a Virginia-born boy and DC has always been a cool place to me.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 pm

If you ever make it to southern ontario and I know about it, I will do what I can do be there. Never fails to amaze me how much you can learn just watching people play, and I have never seen anyone with a style like yours (or 1/2 as good) up close. I know the odds of this are pretty slim however.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Yeah, DC is an interesting place. If you can let us know when you'll be in the area, I'll surely make the effort. I can probably get bassman to come see you as well. That boy can play! - ed

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Yeah, Will is great. 'Cept for that for that incident up here in Ory-gone a few years back. Took weeks to get the women, children and animals calmed down! He ain't been back since--I think the Legislature passed a law, or sumthin', I heard.

Yep, the smoke from all those burnin' geetars from guys givin' up their dreams lasted for weeks. Smokejumpers and National Guard all over the place!

And the rumor is that Will is part bionic--had his fingers replaced by some some special, secret gov'ment project. And that's why that man can play SO FAST!!! It's a CONSPIRACY!

Now, you read it on the internet--so it must be true!!!!

Seriously!!!

Bill

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 pm

zapcosongs wrote:If so, I'd love to shake your hand someday.

Hey Ed,

Do you know the secret handshake? You have to sign a :wave: waiver :wave: first, and that's the easy part. It's a pretty complicated ordeal... 8-)

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:39 am

lol Kris.

Does it involve a stealth slide on the pinkie finger? ;+) - ed

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Boogie Bill wrote:Yeah, Will is great. 'Cept for that for that incident up here in Ory-gone a few years back. Took weeks to get the women, children and animals calmed down! He ain't been back since--I think the Legislature passed a law, or sumthin', I heard.

Don't believe everything you hear. Especially those rumors about me and the 3 donkeys. There were only 2.

WR