ASAT Special bridge question

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:23 am

Hi all -

I'm new to the forum, but not new to owning G&L guitars. I have a '85 Skyhawk that plays and sounds like a dream.

I just purchased a '97 ASAT Special USA, and I'd like to replace the black crinkle bridge and pickup selector switch/knob cover with chrome parts. The G&L online store sells bridges, but they state they're for models '06 and newer. Does anyone know where I can find the correct replacement parts?

Much appreciated!

Cheers~

Re: ASAT Special bridge question

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:04 am

I appreciate the reply!

Sounds like the marketplace is where I'll go to see if I can find what I'm looking for. Otherwise, I guess I can live with the black.

Thanks again!

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:36 am

If they were the same size I would swap the one I have coming in in a heart beat. I am not a fan of chrome hardware but it is all G&L offers.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:48 am

Too bad we can't make the trade!

I've heard of other people too preferring the black krinkle over chrome. I'm starting to think the black might be more sought after, so maybe I should just leave it alone in case I ever sell it. I played it last night for the first time. Sounds great! Not as great as my Skyhawk, but I've honestly never played any other guitar that does. I enjoy the different sound though of the ASAT.

What model guitar do you have coming in?

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:58 am

ASAT special. Love the pickups in them.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Yeah, I liked the sound when I played for the first time last night. But I'm playing through an old Peavey Stereo Chorus 212, so I'm not sure I'm getting the full appreciation that I would get out of a decent tube amp. I'm looking at the Egnater Tweaker.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:20 pm

axe2grind wrote:Yeah, I liked the sound when I played for the first time last night. But I'm playing through an old Peavey Stereo Chorus 212, so I'm not sure I'm getting the full appreciation that I would get out of a decent tube amp. I'm looking at the Egnater Tweaker.

I have heard good things about Egnators, however the store near me that started stocking them, started after I got my M/B Mark V, so I have had no need to go and try them out. If I started rehearsing again I would considering one for ease of transport however. Especially at that price point. For now the Boogie does a great job though, country, jazzy tones, and any kind of rock you could ever want.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:54 pm

I don't think I've met many M/B owners who are disapointed with their purchase!

A buddy of mine just bought a Victoria 20112. What a beautiful sound!

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 pm

axe2grind wrote:I don't think I've met many M/B owners who are disapointed with their purchase!

A buddy of mine just bought a Victoria 20112. What a beautiful sound!

Not sure what a victoria is, but a quick search says tweed style amp? If so, I use the tweed clean voice almost exclusively on channel 1, also roughs up into ZZ top territory. I love the tweed amps something fierce.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Victoria website - http://victoriaamp.com/

Somre pretty big name artists use their gear....