just bought a Fullerton Signature

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Just bought an a '95 or so Fullerton in excellent + condition, and am blown away by how great it sounds and plays. Does anyone know the correct name of this one, and the specs? This is a C neck, but I heard many have V's. The tone controls are not the PTB system--can anyone explain the tone controls to me--seems like one tone control is for middle and one for neck.

Re: just bought a Fullerton Signature

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:46 pm

thanks Tim--I wondered if the pups were different than standard Legacy pups. Something about this guitar sounds better than any Legacy I have ever played. It really is a jaw-dropping tone and feel. Just has the magic all around.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:18 pm

There really is something special about the Fullerton Signature Models. Mine has a spectacular resonance to it (lightweight 7.3 pound ash)... I suspect the wood selection for them was top notch & the neck fit is VERY tight. My 2005 Legacy has the improved brass saddles & steel block, yet the old '97 Fullerton just sings in a very sweet and special way. My Legacy is also substantially heavier (a whopping 9.2 pounds!)

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Oh, and Tim is right about the cloth covered wire inside the Fullerton! ...I was also shocked to find cloth covered wire in my 2005 Legacy, so I'm not sure what happened there (it appears to be all stock from what I can see.)