I hate my neck

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:57 pm

I bought a G&L Legacy and was told it had a #1 neck, (by the dealer who shall remain nameless) it arrived and had a #4 neck.
Well, not wanting to eat $100.00 in shipping costs I decided that I would either get used to it or sell it.
I love the guitar, it sounds great and looks great too.
Is there some way to get the neck re-sized. Could my local luthier do this. That 1 3/4 inch width is killing me

Re: I hate my neck

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Rocktuna wrote:I bought a G&L Legacy and was told it had a #1 neck, (by the dealer who shall remain nameless) it arrived and had a #4 neck.
Well, not wanting to eat $100.00 in shipping costs I decided that I would either get used to it or sell it.
I love the guitar, it sounds great and looks great too.
Is there some way to get the neck re-sized. Could my local luthier do this. That 1 3/4 inch width is killing me

I don't understand why you would be required to pay shipping costs if the guitar was not as you had ordered. Did you contact the dealer and
discuss this error? If the dealer balked about this and required you to pay shipping charges, I would suggest you contact G&L and explain
what had happened. I can't make any promises that they would replace the neck, but I not be surpised if they do. They need to know about this
dealer's poor treatment of one of their customers. G&L contact information is on the G&L main website.

Hope this helps.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:35 am

Hello Rocktuna, I'd be interested in your 1 3/4" legacy. What colors, materiels, price etc. I have an ASAT with #1 neck and unsuccesfully tried to get a wide neck replacementThanks, Dave
chiefgarfield@aol.com

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:59 am

Sorry I traded with Seanjc

Actually I'm not sorry I love the Comanche

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:27 pm

And the Legacy is awesome! 8-)